4 replies to this topic

#1 Googles

Googles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think that I got glutened, or something else got me. I'm having back and forth diarrhea and constipation. The diarrhea is just like muscle spasms not full fledged runny stuff. What do I do? I had two bouts of diarrhea with constipation in between them earlier this week.  I had to take imodium for the diarrhea earlier this week because I was 45 minutes from home and had to drive myself and there wasn't anywhere to stop between where i was and home. But since then I haven't been able to go at all. This is the first time I have had this problem. Either the spasam diarheaa or problems with constipation. I think that the trouble was gluten because I have gotten all the other gluten symptoms I usually get. Any advice would be helpful.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 alesusy

alesusy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

dear Googles, spasms diarreha is my thing as well after a glutening. I mean: first the diarreha then the spasms diarreha. I took an Imodium too last week: of course it is better to stay home and let it run its course and not mess up with medication, but sometimes one has to. I have no answers other that we must wait for it to pass...

#3 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

dear Googles, spasms diarreha is my thing as well after a glutening. I mean: first the diarreha then the spasms diarreha. I took an Imodium too last week: of course it is better to stay home and let it run its course and not mess up with medication, but sometimes one has to. I have no answers other that we must wait for it to pass...

Thanks so much. This is a totally new symptom for me. I DO NOT like it. My problem is that if I don't work i don't get paid and i can't afford not to get paid.. So I usually have to deal with meds unless it is a weekend. I did not even know this was possible. I'm sorry that you get it too, but nice to know I wasn't just going totally crazy and it wasn't my imagination.

#4 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Ohhhhh diarrhea, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways......

This is definitely a common problem! When necessary, go for the Imodium. Ya

gotta do what ya gotta do. Which includes copping a squat in the woods when

necessary. I find that loading up on flax meal and yogurt in the days after an

episode help prevent the constipation that can follow Imodium use.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5 Coryad

Coryad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

I rely on imodium too... I have to travel a great deal for work, I never go anywhere unless my bottle is full :D  I will have to try the flax idea for afterwords so I can maybe escape the constipation.... the things we put up with LOL

Cory

Diagnosed Celiac 4/12 due to DH
Eliminated food molds 1/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: