"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

:(

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Goodness:(. I hope your doctor will be able to get them to cover it.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#18 amanda.wilson

amanda.wilson

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Only time will tell :). I'm just trying to stay positive in the mean it and jump thru their stinkin hoops. Thanks for all help!!'

#19 frieze

frieze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

I'm 31 and I've been gluten free for almost a year, not only with my food but w/ every products. I've always have had a history w/ my periods I.E. small clots cysts bad cramps. But since the IBS dx the clots are now the size of cutie oranges, severe watery D, and vomiting. I lost 5lbs in 3 days and was extremely weak. With an active 5 year old I can't afford to go down like that.

What about an ablation?  have you tried anything to suppress ovulation for an extended period of time? have had a D/C?    It makes me very nervous when a doc is going for the hyst in a person so young. 

#20 flowerqueen

flowerqueen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Good luck!  Try not to worry.  I have both IBS and had hysto when I was in my early 40's, it's not as bad as you think.  Let us know how you get on.

Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.
Despite all, remaining positive!

#21 amanda.wilson

amanda.wilson

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

We have been suppressing ovulation w/ meds but my body isn't handling it very well. It's like it can sense the need to go into a cycle and can't and my bowel become inflame still killing my lower back. But she did an ultrasound and found evidence of a " spongey " uterus so now I go in for out patient procedure thru the belly button ( which the insurance wanted any way) this up coming week.

#22 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the update. All the best to you:)
Patti

#23 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Oh Goodness...Hang in there Amanda!

Keep us updated...pulling for and praying for you that the upcoming procedure goes well. :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#24 amanda.wilson

amanda.wilson

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thanks every1. I was never worried about having the hysto I was kind of looking forward to it lol, I was just wondering if it helped w/ the IBS or was hoping for to much. I know it's not a cure but I would be grateful for a 1% improvement....

#25 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Amanda, many times it can help with IBS symptoms, especially in the case of endometriosis.

I had my surgery after I had been gluten-free for 2 years. My bowel symptoms improved a lot in those 2 years, especially after I identified some additional food intolerances and cut those from my diet.

I can say that the monthly pain and diarreah that always accompanied my period went away, never to return.

I hope you sail through your surgery, recovery, and feel much, much better. I am betting you will:)
Patti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: