Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Herbal Essences

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

This is a recent response from Herbal Essences:

Thank you for contacting us.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Although it is typically not added directly to our products, it may be present in our fragrances. Due to the difficulty of tracing the source ingredients for the variety of fragrances used in manufacturing our products, we can not provide specific levels of gluten content for any of our fragrance blends.

Be aware that even products labeled "unscented" will still contain a masking scent, therefore they may potentially contain gluten.

The Consumer Affairs Team

I used their products pre diagnosis but I stick with a brand I feel safe with(Dove) now. Not so sure how I would feel using a product where they do not know for sure whats in it and that they are admitting can potentially contain gluten.

Someone had asked me about Herbal Essences so I thought I would post this response in case anyone else would like to know.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bluelotus

bluelotus

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the update. I was tempted to buy their shampoo recently and didn't, a last minute bout of common sense! I also use Dove products as well as Collective Wellbeing - have had good luck with both, though Dove is cheaper (monetarily speaking).
The temple bell stops
but the sound keeps coming
out of the flowers
-Zen Haiku Master Basho

#3 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:33 PM

Do you use Dove soap only? Or do you also use their shampoo, conditioner & bodywash? Just realizing the gluten connection to these things.
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:25 PM

Do you use Dove soap only?  Or do you also use their shampoo, conditioner & bodywash?  Just realizing the gluten connection to these things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use the bar soap, conditioner, shampoo, and hair spray by Dove. I also use some Giovanni products because their products are gluten free and I they are sold at the health food store so I think they are a better quality. I use alot of Burt's Bees products as well...and for makeup I use mainly Bare Escentuals because the whole makeup line is gluten free and it is good quality.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: