Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Herbal Essences

4 posts in this topic

This is a recent response from Herbal Essences:

Thank you for contacting us.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Although it is typically not added directly to our products, it may be present in our fragrances. Due to the difficulty of tracing the source ingredients for the variety of fragrances used in manufacturing our products, we can not provide specific levels of gluten content for any of our fragrance blends.

Be aware that even products labeled "unscented" will still contain a masking scent, therefore they may potentially contain gluten.

The Consumer Affairs Team

I used their products pre diagnosis but I stick with a brand I feel safe with(Dove) now. Not so sure how I would feel using a product where they do not know for sure whats in it and that they are admitting can potentially contain gluten.

Someone had asked me about Herbal Essences so I thought I would post this response in case anyone else would like to know.

Ads by Google:

Thanks for the update. I was tempted to buy their shampoo recently and didn't, a last minute bout of common sense! I also use Dove products as well as Collective Wellbeing - have had good luck with both, though Dove is cheaper (monetarily speaking).

Do you use Dove soap only? Or do you also use their shampoo, conditioner & bodywash? Just realizing the gluten connection to these things.

Do you use Dove soap only?  Or do you also use their shampoo, conditioner & bodywash?  Just realizing the gluten connection to these things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use the bar soap, conditioner, shampoo, and hair spray by Dove. I also use some Giovanni products because their products are gluten free and I they are sold at the health food store so I think they are a better quality. I use alot of Burt's Bees products as well...and for makeup I use mainly Bare Escentuals because the whole makeup line is gluten free and it is good quality.