17 replies to this topic

#16 HuberNS92

HuberNS92

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Okay great. And since high fructose corn syrup is okay I assume then that corn syrup is also? And I want to eat Pop Secrets Homestyle popcorn. The only thing I wonder about is the artificial flavoring. Is that normally gluten free?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

The only thing I wonder about is the artificial flavoring. Is that normally gluten free?

Yes. Flavor is not a concern. The only one that might be a concern is barley malt, but since it is an expensive ingredient it isn't hidden--the company will be proud of it and want you to know.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#18 HuberNS92

HuberNS92

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'd buy a new protein power, but I have had a bottle sitting around for some time now. I'm going to start taking it because the protein is beneficial and the calories are nice for a gluten free diet. So sorry if this seems redundant, but I'm going to list the ingredients it to err on the side of caution since I will be consuming this daily. I don't want to be sabotaging myself on a daily basis! If you guys see any red lights please let me know.

Micronized Amino Acids: Glutamine (as Whey Protein Isolate and Micronized Glutamine), Arginine (as Micronized Arginine and Whey Protein Isolate)

Leucine (as Whey Protein Isolate and L-Leucine

L-Carnitine (as Carnitine Tartrate

Amino Acceleration System

Enzyme Matrix Blend (Amylase, Protease 4.5, Protease 6.0, CereCalase, Peptidase, Alpha-galactosidase, Glucoamylase, Bromelain, Protease 3.0, Lipase, Protease AM, Invertase, Lactase), Aminogen, Carbogen

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey), Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Polydextrose, Lecithin, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium

Contains: Milk and Soybean

So there you have it! Again sorry if I am being over-cautious. Just want to make sure. Also there is another artificial flavoring on there so hopefully that is okay.

And if anyone wants to know it is called Amplified Wheybolic Exreme 60 Dietary Supplement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: