10 replies to this topic

#1 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hii Everyone, does anyone here have double copies of DQ2 ? And if so would you say your extra sensitive go gluten like some studies suggest ?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

I am double DQ2.  Yes, I consider myself super sensitive to gluten.  That is about all I know about it.

#3 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Do doctors usually test for this DQ2 gene or do you have to request it?  I am really sensitive to gluten.  If I eat a cookie I feel like I have the flu within 45 minutes.  If I have my girls tested for the DQ2 gene will that mean they will eventually have Celiac Disease too?

#4 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Do doctors usually test for this DQ2 gene or do you have to request it?  I am really sensitive to gluten.  If I eat a cookie I feel like I have the flu within 45 minutes.  If I have my girls tested for the DQ2 gene will that mean they will eventually have Celiac Disease too?

Yiu can request a gene test for HLA-DQ genes associated with celiac. If you have the gene there is a 50/50 chance that you kids have it too since they take one copy from each parent and each parent has two copies of HLA-DQ genes. If your kids test positive on the gene it doesnt mea they have celiac or thay they would definitely get celiac it just means that they are at a greater risk to get it than someone who doesnt have these genes especially if hey have double copies of celiac genes like my mom and aunt.

#5 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

I am double DQ2.  Yes, I consider myself super sensitive to gluten.  That is about all I know about it.

Which DQ2 genes do you have double DQ2.5 or DQ2.5 and DQ2.2 ?

#6 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yiu can request a gene test for HLA-DQ genes associated with celiac. If you have the gene there is a 50/50 chance that you kids have it too since they take one copy from each parent and each parent has two copies of HLA-DQ genes. If your kids test positive on the gene it doesnt mea they have celiac or thay they would definitely get celiac it just means that they are at a greater risk to get it than someone who doesnt have these genes especially if hey have double copies of celiac genes like my mom and aunt.

Thanks PersianCeliac, does your mom and aunt have celiac?  

#7 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thanks PersianCeliac, does your mom and aunt have celiac?  

Yes both were diagnosed around 9 months ago. My aunt who is 47 years old is very very thin and never gains weight and had a problem with chronic diarrhea for 16 years ! And lots of gas build up and GI symptoms until this doc sent her for celiac panel. Her numbers were off the chart ! And her biopsy showed total atrophy. I read about the disease and found it its genetic so decided to test my mom. My mom had no symptoms but her blood work came back waaaay off the chart ! It was a shock. Her bippsy showed subtotal atrophy.

When were you diagnosed ?

#8 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Molecular Analysis of DQA1 Genotype Gluten Sensitivity Positive 04-18-12 0501 (HLA-DQ2) Yes 04-18-12 0301 (HLA-DQ8) Yes
Test Date Molecular Analysis of DQB1 Genotype Gluten Sensitivity Positive
04-18-12 0201
(HLA-DQ2) Yes 04-18-12 0302
(HLA-DQ8) Yes

Which DQ2 genes do you have double DQ2.5 or DQ2.5 and DQ2.2 ?

That is the best I can do.  That is all of my genetic results.  USA may not get so detailed results.

#9 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Molecular Analysis of DQA1 Genotype Gluten Sensitivity Positive 04-18-12 0501 (HLA-DQ2) Yes 04-18-12 0301 (HLA-DQ8) Yes
Test Date Molecular Analysis of DQB1 Genotype Gluten Sensitivity Positive
04-18-12 0201
(HLA-DQ2) Yes 04-18-12 0302
(HLA-DQ8) Yes

That is the best I can do.  That is all of my genetic results.  USA may not get so detailed results.

You dont have double copies of DQ2 you have DQ2 and DQ8 which also means you could be very sensitive since you have both celiac genes.

#10 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yes both were diagnosed around 9 months ago. My aunt who is 47 years old is very very thin and never gains weight and had a problem with chronic diarrhea for 16 years ! And lots of gas build up and GI symptoms until this doc sent her for celiac panel. Her numbers were off the chart ! And her biopsy showed total atrophy. I read about the disease and found it its genetic so decided to test my mom. My mom had no symptoms but her blood work came back waaaay off the chart ! It was a shock. Her bippsy showed subtotal atrophy.

When were you diagnosed ?

Thanks.  I was diagnosed about 3 1/2 years ago.  

#11 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

You dont have double copies of DQ2 you have DQ2 and DQ8 which also means you could be very sensitive since you have both celiac genes.

This is interesting.  I wonder if this is why I get so sick.  I don't eat anything containing gluten but when I did before I would get very sick. 4 months after being diagnosed I decided to eat a donut and became very ill.   In a way it's good how sick I get because it keeps me from cheating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: