Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

6 Years Later

7 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with cancer 6 years ago. It's gone, I have had check ups within that first year, none since. Best to keep my mind positive about it.

Was also diagnosed with celiac disease within the second year after cancer, began the gluten free diet struggles and lovely roller coaster rides of pain and what not. Body healing is crazy.

Come to find out, from the nutritionist that diagnosed me with celiac, I really should have finished her treatments (no matter the cost) because now I have to start the whole thing over agan.

The whole thing being a candida cleanse, sugar free diet, nutritional supplements and yes pay for it all. But hopefully it will be worth it, hopefully I will start to get back to my old self again.

Problems that arose before I went to her this year:

dizziness, fatigue, brain fog, irritability, abdominal cramps, excessive thirst, excessive hunger, numb heels, sudden joint pain, warts, muscle aches/cramps

The confusion is:

It could be candida

It could be gout

It could be from that last bad gluten episode- I hate deli chicken!

It could be prediabetes

SO...we are doing the candida cleanse with the supplements for two weeks, then I will get a full blood test and hormone test and exstensive red blood cell test, then finish the last two weeks of candida cleanse

I'm no longer nursing, baby is 6 months old, the last bad gluten episode with the deli chicken finished the whole production off. Especially when supplementing with baby food and formula.

The warts on the finger, beginning with just one for many years, flurished into 8. !!!!!! I hate warts. I really do.

The numb heels began when I'd gained 53 lbs during pregnancy. After that they stayed numb. I ignored it, hoping that it was from the weight gain and they'd go back to normal. They havn't.

Welp, so far, I've had the Express Care say I'm just fine. Sent me a bill and sent me home with a grin on their face. Yes, a grin.

A nutritionist at a local health food store gave rawadrenal after I told him some of my symptoms. I think he may have thought differently if we'd sat down and chatted more, there might have been something more he would have suggested. But the rawadrenal helped, I felt my crazy mind could plateu out for the time being until I took another one a few hours later.

The nutrionist that I'm seeing now is more concerned that my hormones were affected by the candida, as well as nutrient up take and cravings for sugar.

This is a long read, but if you would have any fresh perspective on it, information or experience could help me in some way I'm sure.

Ads by Google:

I was diagnosed with cancer 6 years ago. It's gone, I have had check ups within that first year, none since. Best to keep my mind positive about it.

I hope you have been in touch with your oncologist over these six-five years.  Cancer would be my primary concern.

AND no nutritionist has a "treatment" for Celiac Disease for money.  She is a scam!  The only method of relieveing symptoms is to continue to follow the gluten free diet.    Please leave your nutritionist by the roadside or report her to your local Attorney Generals Office:

Come to find out, from the nutritionist that diagnosed me with celiac, I really should have finished her treatments (no matter the cost) because now I have to start the whole thing over agan.

The whole thing being a candida cleanse, sugar free diet, nutritional supplements and yes pay for it all. But hopefully it will be worth it, hopefully I will start to get back to my old self again.

And a Candida cleanse is not associated with having Celiac Disease.  Perhaps you don't even have Celiac.  Please go to a qualified medical professional and be tested properly.  You own it to your self, you don't "owe" your nutritionist any financial gain at your discomfort!

That' true that I don't owe the nutritionist. She is the one who ordered the celiac panel and I've had another one by another doctor. Both tested positive. I don't think she is saying celiac can be cured by a candida diet. She had planned to start with that, got to build up my immune system since it is really weak, and then get me to be less intolerant to cross contamination like if I kissed my baby or husband. All honesty, I could pop a tooth pick that was fresh out of the wrapper into my mouth and have a full blown gluten reaction. I am for sure a celiac, celiac panels don't falter, they check the DQ2 or DQ8.

Anywho, I totally get your concern about her. I didn't want the candida cleanse but she's got the aid for other stuff that I need and being  in a small town there aren't very many doctors that are intelligent about celiac disease at all. And it's a smallllll town. I'd have to fly out and my family doesn't have that kind of money right now. So it's her and me. I'm in charge though, but I had to make a deal that I'd go through her candida cleanse first.

So here I am, 4 weeks through the candida cleanse. Did things exactly as she wanted. I don't feel any better. BAM I will tell her that.

Yesterday however, I had exactly the same reaction I did when I had cancer (and my bad it was 9 years ago not 6, I'm getting forgetful in my 'old age' lol). Had chest pain, heart sank to nothing and then sprang forward like a runner, dizziness, shaking, numbness in arms and I collapsed into a crying ball on the bed next to my husband. Same thing as last time. Last time there was a HUGE tumor in my chest. Fantastic.

SO

It's time...for BATTLE! OH YEAH! (<-I'm gearing up can you tell?) lol

I called in to see if my blood tests were all done (it is extensive!) and a couple had to be processed in a different city because we don't have all the machines and what not. But I asked the secretary, "Off the top of your head, what's my white blood cell count look like?" She was like "LOW, you are in the low range, not too good."

I knew it.

I will go in to discuss the blood results and possibility of cancer with the nutritionistsk her if I can get a Cat scan since she has a bunch of licenses: a doctor in Naturopathic Medicine, RN (registered nurse), Chiropractor, Accupuncturist, Certified in Applied Neurology and Foundational Nutrition, etc. Hope she can order that or I'll have to go to a dumb dumb at the medical building and have to explain stuff all over agian.

I've started myself on a better diet and new supplements for the meantime and permanantly if it's just what I need based on the blood tests. I'm sure doctors hate me since I take charge so much but I know my body better. Been in this thing for quite some time now. And being nobody is a cook cut out, it's time I start doing my own frosting. ;) mmmm

I do want a wise nutritionists guidance though, not flying solo here. But the good Lord is going to take care of everything, I do not need to fear. Fear can eat my shorts this time. I'll have the ready on a platter.

SO...

Diet: rice, meat, vegis, fruit (all as usual)

Supplements: vitamin B complex, antioxident complex, prenatal vitamins, magnesium/calcium/D supplement, blue/green algea (for my crazy energy boosts which may be grandma's thyroid problems trickling down to me. Also for it's test tube and animal testing successes with cancer cells).

Newly added: granola breakfast, plain or vanilla Mountain High yogurt (they spell it yohgurt??) and rice dream milk. Can't stay away from rice dream milk....mmmm.

Waiting for blood test results to all come in, the call from the nutritionist place and an appointment. Then a cat scan.

Feww never a dull moment, and yet I am excited!

That' true that I don't owe the nutritionist. She is the one who ordered the celiac panel and I've had another one by another doctor. Both tested positive. I don't think she is saying celiac can be cured by a candida diet. She had planned to start with that, got to build up my immune system since it is really weak, and then get me to be less intolerant to cross contamination like if I kissed my baby or husband. All honesty, I could pop a tooth pick that was fresh out of the wrapper into my mouth and have a full blown gluten reaction. I am for sure a celiac, celiac panels don't falter, they check the DQ2 or DQ8.

Anywho, I totally get your concern about her. I didn't want the candida cleanse but she's got the aid for other stuff that I need and being in a small town there aren't very many doctors that are intelligent about celiac disease at all. And it's a smallllll town. I'd have to fly out and my family doesn't have that kind of money right now. So it's her and me. I'm in charge though, but I had to make a deal that I'd go through her candida cleanse first.

So here I am, 4 weeks through the candida cleanse. Did things exactly as she wanted. I don't feel any better. BAM I will tell her that.

Yesterday however, I had exactly the same reaction I did when I had cancer (and my bad it was 9 years ago not 6, I'm getting forgetful in my 'old age' lol). Had chest pain, heart sank to nothing and then sprang forward like a runner, dizziness, shaking, numbness in arms and I collapsed into a crying ball on the bed next to my husband. Same thing as last time. Last time there was a HUGE tumor in my chest. Fantastic.

SO

It's time...for BATTLE! OH YEAH! (<-I'm gearing up can you tell?) lol

I called in to see if my blood tests were all done (it is extensive!) and a couple had to be processed in a different city because we don't have all the machines and what not. But I asked the secretary, "Off the top of your head, what's my white blood cell count look like?" She was like "LOW, you are in the low range, not too good."

I knew it.

I will go in to discuss the blood results and possibility of cancer with the nutritionistsk her if I can get a Cat scan since she has a bunch of licenses: a doctor in Naturopathic Medicine, RN (registered nurse), Chiropractor, Accupuncturist, Certified in Applied Neurology and Foundational Nutrition, etc. Hope she can order that or I'll have to go to a dumb dumb at the medical building and have to explain stuff all over agian.

I've started myself on a better diet and new supplements for the meantime and permanantly if it's just what I need based on the blood tests. I'm sure doctors hate me since I take charge so much but I know my body better. Been in this thing for quite some time now. And being nobody is a cook cut out, it's time I start doing my own frosting. ;) mmmm

I do want a wise nutritionists guidance though, not flying solo here. But the good Lord is going to take care of everything, I do not need to fear. Fear can eat my shorts this time. I'll have the ready on a platter.

SO...

Diet: rice, meat, vegis, fruit (all as usual)

Supplements: vitamin B complex, antioxident complex, prenatal vitamins, magnesium/calcium/D supplement, blue/green algea (for my crazy energy boosts which may be grandma's thyroid problems trickling down to me. Also for it's test tube and animal testing successes with cancer cells).

Newly added: granola breakfast, plain or vanilla Mountain High yogurt (they spell it yohgurt??) and rice dream milk. Can't stay away from rice dream milk....mmmm.

Waiting for blood test results to all come in, the call from the nutritionist place and an appointment. Then a cat scan.

Feww never a dull moment, and yet I am excited!

I sincerely hope this isn't a recurrence. That said, keep on swinging.

Celiac Ninja:

Natural medicine often causes me to be worse instead of better at first.  I think it helpful to clean out the body and nourish it carefully.  I find supplements an integral part of my program.  I am coming from a Creationist standpoint thinking God made food on purpose to care for us.  No harm in leaving behind junk foods.

Please do check into Rice Dream.  I think they use barley enzymes to make it.  I have been using coconut milk, or making milk with other nuts.  If Rice Milk is okay for you, you can make it from scratch. 

I do hope this is not a reoccurance of your cancer. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Can you find a different brand of Rice Milk? Rice Dream is processed with barley and is a problem for many of us. Also does your granola contain oats? Even if they are gluten free oats some of us react to the protein in oats whether they are certified gluten free or not.

I agree Rice Dream or any of their products are not a good idea.  There are many threads on the forum about Rice Dream causing people problems.  Most granola does have oats in it.  And it could easily be cc's if it is not certified gluten-free by  somebody competent to to that.