2 replies to this topic

#1 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

After being sick all night, throwing up and continuing to be sick into the next day.. the first thing I saw on TV in the morning was an interview with Snooki about how she lost weight after having her baby.. her response among other things was she is careful with her diet, no carbs, dairy and she is "trying" to be gluten free... wow.. for some reason that comment really upset me.. after a night of misery from some kind of gluten cross contamination that comment completely trializes the medical need that people have to stear clear of gluten. I wish I had the luxury of avoiding it to drop a few lbs like celebrities! (sorry for the rant.. but just had to vent!)

10/2012 - gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NorthernElf

NorthernElf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

I hear you and I understand !!!

It bugs me too when it is a 'weight loss' diet - in some folks' minds that loses us credibility. We are so not eating gluten-free because we are trying to lose/not gain weight. Ha - in fact, due to, uh, digestive issues I'm guessing many of us would LOSE weight if we actually ate gluten. :wacko:

I like that the gluten-free 'fad' is bringing us more food options though (is that the silver lining ?).

#3 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yea I agree with that about bringing us more gluten free options. It usually doesn't bother me too much because I just think of the good side there.. but I was literally watching the interview while in the bathroom (sick as a dog!!) - I have a TV in there, which I must say is great for me since I find myself spending a lot of time in there!! :D

10/2012 - gluten free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: