Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Has Anyone Tried Better Batter Pancake Mix?

6 posts in this topic

I wondered how the Better Batter compares to Gluten Free Bisquick. I love Better Batter flour and cake and brownie mixes.

Ads by Google:

We like Bisquick for waffles and Pamela's for pancakes.  Haven't tried Better Batter -- interested to see what others post.

I'm a huge BB fan. For pancakes I've used and really liked Pamela's pancake and waffe mix.

I don't have it available to me, but I have heard raves about BB.

I never used a mix before being gluten free, and the hell if I'm going to pay extra for one now!

Pancakes, especially gluten free ones, are about the easiest things to make from scratch. Flour of your choice, beat an egg, a liquid of your choice added to your desired thinness, half a tsp of baking soda if you want some fluffiness, and you're set. Don't worry about overmixing, no gluten to make it bad. Add mashed banana, applesauce, vanilla, sugar, cocoa, to either wet or dry as makes sense, before adding the rest of your liquid. Things like berries, chocolate chips, pear pieces, are best added after the batter is ready.

I recently found buckwheat (I can get safe locally grown and ground stuff), banana and apple cider (instead of milk) pancakes are delicious.

I tried the King Arthur Gluten Free pancake mix, and I gotta say it was pretty dang good! The texture of the pancakes wasn't weird and they tasted exactly like normal pancakes to me.