#1 Lady Eowyn

Lady Eowyn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hi

Thought I would ask if anyone out there has any advice on psoriatic arthritis.

It's hubs who gets it. He had psoriasis from age about 11 (I think), not too bad, just on elbows, shins, ankles and backs of knuckles. Had steroid type creams for this (not much good, I believe).

Well the psoriasis went away and was replaced by psoriatic arthritis when he was about 38. It started in one knee which blew up huge  :o and when the hospital finally worked out what it was they operated on it - that knee is now so much worse!

He is now 62 and has joint swelling and pain (to varying degrees) in wrists, ankles, knees and toes and slightly in fingers.

He has taken Indometicin (nsaid) for over 20 years and until about 2 years ago took a disease modifying tablet (can't think of the name at the moment) but a new doc told him it was no good and would damage his liver so he stopped that.

It was obviously not doing much as he hasn't missed it.

He kindly went gluten free with me :rolleyes: and to be honest I wonder if he has celiac too as he is generally improved although he does occasionally have some (very rare). In the past I often noticed his PA was much worse after drinking beer - you can imagine the denial this comment produced over the years :ph34r: !

In the last week or two it has been playing up for the first time since gluten free - any ideas or suggestions for anything that may help?

(Apologies for any spelling mistakes).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: