#1 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hi,

I am looking for something to keep food warm on the go.  This would be something that I would need to be able to take in the car.  I can't seem to find anything big enough.  The biggest container that I can find is 10 ounces.  Does anyone know of anything at all that would work?

Thanks!

-MO

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

How warm? You can put hot food in any cooler. They sell these packs you microwave or freeze. I saw them at Bed Bath and Beyond but probably have them other places.

http://www.bedbathan...sp?SKU=40694085

I have a 9x 13 glass pan with lid that goes in a cover with one of those microwave packs. http://www.pyrexware...upc=71160041813

I got the little lunch Crockpot. You could put food in and plug it in in the car or when you get somewhere. It takes a couple of hours and holds maybe 16 oz? You could take a big Crockpot with a car plug- in.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

If you search 'thermos' on amazon the first thing that comes up is a 16oz soup jug.

I have that one and I love it. I run my electric teakettle and fill it with boiling water

for a few minutes, with the lid on. Then I add my hot food, making sure it's very hot

first. Food is usually still hot more than eight hours later, depending on how cold of

an environment I have the jug in. They make bigger ones too, like ones designed

for liquids that have a wide enough mouth to eat out of.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: