#1 missmysz

missmysz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hello, 

I am newly diagnosed with celiac, i am 22 years old. I had been to the doctor over and over for a year developing more and more sensitivities. I have now had the biopsy and after coming on here and reading other peoples stories think that my issues with fructose, dairy including whey, sorbitol and corn may be caused by the damage done to my SI. 

I am hoping that if i follow a gluten-free diet that my other intolerances will go away as my gut heals. Has this been the case for anyone? I am intolerant to so many things! its impossible to feel normal without staying ridiculously strict i even react to low fructose vegetables. 

Please someone say this goes away if i stay gluten-free?

Thank you for your time.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

It will take time (months.... years?), but it is entirely possible for them to go away.

#3 Denine

Denine

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Granted, My daughter was only 10 when diagnosed, but she had intolerances to whey, casein and soy.  She was gluten-free, DF and SF for a while.  She is now back on soy and dairy.  Test showed she is still somewhat lactose intolerant still but we expect that to clear up soon.

#4 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

My chiropractor and her family were able to overcome other intolerances after going gluten free.  She is hoping that I will recover and be able to have things back too.  I would like spicy foods back!  I would like some dairy back.  I am happy with what I eat now.

#5 EricaM15

EricaM15

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm having a similar issue. It seems like the more foods I eliminate, the more sensitive I become. I have a problem with gluten, grains, carbohydrates, dairy, eggs, legumes (including soy and peanuts), and refined sugars. According to what I've read, a lot of my intolerances come from the fact that I'm insulin resistent from years of untreated Celiac (possibly since I was born).

#6 missmysz

missmysz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

I'm having a similar issue. It seems like the more foods I eliminate, the more sensitive I become. I have a problem with gluten, grains, carbohydrates, dairy, eggs, legumes (including soy and peanuts), and refined sugars. According to what I've read, a lot of my intolerances come from the fact that I'm insulin resistent from years of untreated Celiac (possibly since I was born).

i didnt know celiac can lead to insulin resistance- this all seems scarier and scarier the more that i read about it :( and so many of the random complaints over the years are on lists of symptoms- guess great to know now. 

#7 missmysz

missmysz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

thank you so much for your time to answer, im so happy there is hope of some of the intolerances going away, *fingers crossed*. Thanks for sharing expiriences 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: