#1 josh052980

josh052980

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

This just recently started happening with me:

For a while I was getting a little less fiber, and over about 6 weeks of it, started developing a pain/pressure in my left side, right under my lowest rib. It wasn't major, just and on and off thing, but annoying. This was paired with major acid reflux, which would come and go, and be quite intense at times. I'd take some antacids and it'd get better, but kept coming back. I noticed other restroom related signs of low fiber as well, which I won't go into, but you can probably imagine.

Fast forward to this week, and I got some Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats, after one day of eating them, there's been a massive drop in the above symptoms, which means my fiber guess was probably what was behind it all.

My question for you guys, is has anyone encountered something similar? I know fiber is a HUGE issue for all of us so I'm guessing I'm not alone in that part at least, but what about the pain in the side/acid reflux? I guess I'm just wondering if this is all in my head, or if I'm not alone in it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 stanleymonkey

stanleymonkey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

When my 4 yr old gets constipated she gets reflux and complains of right sided pain, something to do with the change from small to large intestine being in that area her GI said(if I remember rightly) and if you are really backed up, nothing can go down, so it has to come up
It's good you can tolerate oats, if she has oatmeal she's regular as clockwork! Try also a teaspoon of ground flax seed in your oatmeal, chock full of fibre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: