4 replies to this topic

#1 jjbrigade

jjbrigade

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and newly gluten-free. I have been trying different types of beers to see if I can find one that tastes like Bud Lite or similar brands. I don't like dark beers, and I was hoping there was a beer that tasted closer to a lite beer. I have tried Redbridge, but it has an odd flavor to me. I've had ciders, but I'm sick of those. I've tried Omission, and that was absolutely disgusting to me. Bards is ok, but still not lite beer. I know that it will be difficult. I tried the raspberry New Planet which was good, but I'm thinking it was only good because it tasted like raspberries instead of beer. Any other suggestions? 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GlutenFreeBeer

GlutenFreeBeer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hi JJbrigade,

Did you try the New Planet Pale Ale?  I prefer a dark beer so I am not personally looking for the light beers.  If you do a search for gluten free beer you will find a number of site and the Association is one of those and has quiet a few reviews and there should be one or two for you to try from that list. :)

#3 jjbrigade

jjbrigade

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hi JJbrigade,

Did you try the New Planet Pale Ale?  I prefer a dark beer so I am not personally looking for the light beers.  If you do a search for gluten free beer you will find a number of site and the Association is one of those and has quiet a few reviews and there should be one or two for you to try from that list. :)

Yes, I have tried the New Planet. It is better than most, but still not like a "light" beer. I honestly don't think there is such a thing out there! I tried New Grist, which I think is the closest thing I have been able to find to a light beer. I may just have to go with that until someone starts making new ones. Gluten free foods/beverages are getting to be more popular I think.

#4 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

You say you're newly diagnosed... Do you have any problems drinking alcohol? I know it's subjective but I had a few ciders a while back (and an omission) and felt pretty crappy afterwards. I plan on holding off for a few months but was just wondering how we as a collective group monitor and know when to come back to a certain substance?

Thanks!

#5 jjbrigade

jjbrigade

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

You say you're newly diagnosed... Do you have any problems drinking alcohol? I know it's subjective but I had a few ciders a while back (and an omission) and felt pretty crappy afterwards. I plan on holding off for a few months but was just wondering how we as a collective group monitor and know when to come back to a certain substance?

Thanks!

I have tried ciders and I am fine with those. I've had omission, and I don't remember any issues with that either, other than the fact that I didn't like the taste. Now when I drink I just go for mixed drinks. Most rum is gluten-free and I haven't had any issues with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: