18 replies to this topic

#16 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

No I actually escaped out the back door. They ran so many unnecessary tests. Now I understand my Dad's agitation in those places. However, I am relieved to know. It cost a lot but at least I know my heart and lungs are in good working order too,

Really, I'd rather be safe than sorry and appreciate your support. That being said, I will probably not go to the emergency room again unless I'm bleeding from the ears. There's an urgent care around the corner someone in there told me about and they probably don't have the equipment to run all those stupid tests that just increased my anxiety. What?!? You want a chest x-ray? What?!? You want to do an EKG??

(I had the heavy duty period like that in my 20s and it scared the you-know-what out of me. Other than that, I'm a lucky woman.)

So, back to the simple gluten-free life for me. I really feel for everyone who goes through this (I know the veterans are well) but the ones where this is new. It's hard and confusing and those who DO have severe physical problems, sincere wishes for health and peace.
Last glutening: 12/28/13 (long time FOR ME!)
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
March 2014: Reintroducing intolerant foods. Yolks & banana are a "no". Dairy NO
Year 2: Mental clarity improving. Hello to normalcy.
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
January2013: Dairy-Free, Soy-free
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

There are still more and more petechiae appearing all over my body. I just found a medical journal article that identified petechaie as Dermititis Herpetiformis so that's the box I'm putting it in and will carry on without worry. The medical professionals at the hospital would be better able to help patients if they took a co-active dialogue workshop. I've never felt so marginalized and disrespected in a few short hours. The greeters and technicians were good but the people who work inside of the doctor's pecking order left a lot to be desired. Very arrogant. It seems the mere mention of gluten causing a reaction lands you squarely in the "oh God, here's another one" box. But still, they'll run a slew of unnecessary tests before a doctor ever sees you and throughout it all you're wondering what the lab work showed to kick off the need for a chest x-ray. (This is, I learned, is because "fatigue" may indicate pneumonia.)

I'll never again go into the emergency room without an advocate if I can help it. Going to just relax today and be thankful I have a healthy heart and lungs.

Have a good day folks.
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

#18 alesusy

alesusy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

CaliSparrow, I hope you'll feel better soon.

The worse of bad days, and the worse of a glutening too, is that we lose objectivity. We know what has happened and we know "it's just the glutening" ("just!") but anxiety sets in and we get scared ("why am I feeling this way AGAIN? will it ever pass? what did I do wrong this time? is something ELSE wrong with me? will I EVER get my life bakc?"). I think, since glutening provokes also anxiety and depression, it is a vicious circle. When I'm feeling bad I'm trying now just to tell myself "it's nothing, be patient, weather this out and you'll feel better". I know, it's very hard.

#19 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

That is so true! Thank you. I'm going to incorporate TM back into my life. Even if I were dying, it could only help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: