23 replies to this topic

#1 Greebo115

Greebo115

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Since i am totally grain and psuedo-grain free, I have really missed pasta.
I'm quite excited at the thought of getting my teeth into something that vaguely resembles pasta.
I've done lots of research and have ordered this:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone else tried it?

Thanks
Diane

Obvious symptoms started as a baby with gastroenteritis....
Self - diagnosed celiac at age 41 - Gluten-free since December 2012, shortly after realised in needed to avoid:
Dairy, soy, all grains, all pseudo-grains, nightshades, legumes, MSG, xantham gum, all sugar alcohols.
Low sugar/refined carbs since Aug '08 due to reactive hypoglycemia.

22/03/13 Mung beans and blackeyebeans reintroduced successfully!

26/06/13 Some symptoms mysteriously returned - found loads of CC in my nuts and dried beans!! (verified by food/symptom journal and emails to companies)

26/11/13 After 2 weeks on crutches (again) realised that legumes cause my joints to inflame - it's undeniable....legumes gone!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have not tried that...but do use a julienne mandolin to make "zu" noodles out of zucchini and eat alot of spaghetti squash.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Oooo, that looks interesting!

I'd love to know how you get on with it :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4 Greebo115

Greebo115

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Oooo, that looks interesting!
I'd love to know how you get on with it :)

Well, it came today, and I'm rather pleased!
So, breakfast was carrot and courgette noodles (using the thicker noodle blade) with an egg and some pesto sauce. I stir-fried the noodles for a minute or so, then cracked an egg in the middle and covered the pan with the lid so the egg cooked in the steam - it was very yummy.

For dinner, we'll have swede (rutabaga) noodles using the thinner noodle blade, fried onions, another veg and the slowcooked beef that I have cooking in the slow cooker.......

The noodles it makes are mostly really long, except for a few shorter ones depending on the shape of the veg.
I.e. much longer than I could acheive on a mandoline. I have a photo, but can't see how to post it....

I can see a lot of veg noodles in my future, lol.

It was a bit pricey for wlhat it is, but at least it seems like the build quality is good. Not sure I'd say it's a 'must-have' like I would about my stick blender or my Ninja blender, but it will make the large amount of veg that I eat daily, a little more interesting.

Obvious symptoms started as a baby with gastroenteritis....
Self - diagnosed celiac at age 41 - Gluten-free since December 2012, shortly after realised in needed to avoid:
Dairy, soy, all grains, all pseudo-grains, nightshades, legumes, MSG, xantham gum, all sugar alcohols.
Low sugar/refined carbs since Aug '08 due to reactive hypoglycemia.

22/03/13 Mung beans and blackeyebeans reintroduced successfully!

26/06/13 Some symptoms mysteriously returned - found loads of CC in my nuts and dried beans!! (verified by food/symptom journal and emails to companies)

26/11/13 After 2 weeks on crutches (again) realised that legumes cause my joints to inflame - it's undeniable....legumes gone!

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the update!

I think I'll ask for one for my next birthday :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

That sounds great! I want one now....
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#7 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

That sounds great! I want one now....

I don't think I'll be able to wait...my silly bday is this week -- thinking four years deserves a present for myself -- how about you?

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

I don't think I'll be able to wait...my silly bday is this week -- thinking four years deserves a present for myself -- how about you?

I'm with you Lisa. I think we both deserve one sooner rather than later! :)
Patti

#9 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

that does it...i am ordering one :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#10 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm gonna try a shop near here over the weekend before ordering. Exciting!!
Patti

#11 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Mines on the way -- I'll be trying it this weekend and will report back!

Thank you Diane :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#12 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Man...gotta love Amazon -- chose free 2-day shipping and it is already here in less than 24 hours -- can't wait to play :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#13 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Wow! That was quick!!

Enjoy your new toy :)
Patti

#14 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Wow! That was quick!!

Enjoy your new toy :)

Will do...popped into the silly thread last night -- hope you are over the bug :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#15 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks-- went back to work today for the first time in a week. Tuckered me out!
Patti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: