Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Goldfish? Cheez Its? Anything?

10 posts in this topic

Before following a gluten-free diet, I was widly obsessed by any baked snack crackers of the CHEESE variety. Since being diagnosed with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) a year and a half ago, i've made diet modifications to restrict gluten completely.

I've made the gluten-free Cheez its from this recipe, http://xobakingco.com/2012/12/26/gluten-free-cheese-crackers-like-cheez-its/

Though they are good, they take a lot of time to craft and then bake, and once again they are not the same. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions to something remotely close to a baked snack cheese cracker?!?!

So far, i've found Pirate's Booty cheddar and white cheddar varieties to be palatable. But still.. :(

Ads by Google:

Hi! I haven't found anything really close to Cheez-its or goldfish, I have stiil found some pretty great cheddar snacks! 

Crunchmaster's multi grain white cheddar crackers and their kids cheezy crisps are both really good!

Foodshouldtastegood's Cheddar crackers/chips are DELICIOUS.

I haven't tried these yet, but Glutino makes a cheddar cracker that looks like a ritz. I've tried the original and they were really good so I bet the cheddar would be good too! 

Blue Diamond makes a cheddar flavor of their Nut-thins that's pretty good.

Hope this helps a little! 

The Grainless Baker's cheddar crackers are PHENOMENAL. I've only found them in

one of my local health food stores, they're an uncommon product. You might want to

try just ordering them online. They're really the best cheese cracker I've had.

The Grainless Baker's cheddar crackers are PHENOMENAL. I've only found them in

one of my local health food stores, they're an uncommon product. You might want to

try just ordering them online. They're really the best cheese cracker I've had.

Thanks all!

OMG the Grainless Baker, my mom used their graham crackers as the crust for our Xmas Chocolate Pie! I think I will order them! :) Thank for all suggestions.

Schar makes a bite sized cheese cracker that my kids love, it is the closest to Cheez-its and Goldfish crackers that I've found. I just paid $2.50/bag for them at my local market.

I was looking for Crunchmaster and Schar today because those look like the best options, but couldn't find them in 2 different stores. :(

The Grainless baker actually stopped making their cheddar crackers recently, note the public outcry on their facebook. 

I'm current eating Glutino's Cheddar crackers -- no bueno, i figured they would taste like a Ritz with miniscule taste of cheddar. :(

Oh well, i'll keep making the ones from that recipe and begging Annie's to make gluten-free cheddar bunnies, because HOLY MOLY, those were the bomb before I became gluten-free.

I just bought these for the first time, they are fabulous!! Definitely worth ordering online if you can't find them locally!

I know this is a few months old BUT at walmart and my local store, HEB, they have Van's gluten-free Cheese Crackers and they are the closest thing to gluten-free cheezits I have found.  Taste is buttery and cheesy.  I have also tried the multigrain but they tasted a little plain, need a dip or something.

http://www.vansfoods.com/our-products-crackers#Say-Cheese%21-Crackers-40

-Fellow Cheese Lover

Have you seen the new "Goldfish Puffs"? I know they are not a cracker, but they are tasty and gluten free. Van's also makes a good gluten free cheese cracker.