#1 home22

home22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hey all,

Just months ago I've been diagnosed with hiatus hernia, because I had very bad heartburn, I managed this symptom with new diet. Whole life I've been very fit, I'm 19 years old now male. Since 7 years old I played basketball up until 17, had to stop because of neck pain. I went to plenty of docs, had xrays, and other scans and all showed NOTHING, I had massage therapies which haven't helped at all. And doctors up until now don't know what is it.

I also have bowel movement problems since 18 years old. I have diarrhea 1-2 a month, but mostly I'm constipated and need to strain to have bowel movement.

Is it possible that all those symptoms are related to celiac disease ? by the way my grandmother was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 20 years ago. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Tiredsean

Tiredsean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

It can be related to celiac or other food intolerences.I myself am fighting to discover why I have muscle aches and pains neck included.Neck pain can definately be a symptom of celiac or other intolerences as well.When your stomach is at its worse is your neck worse at the sametime?

#3 home22

home22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

It can be related to celiac or other food intolerences.I myself am fighting to discover why I have muscle aches and pains neck included.Neck pain can definately be a symptom of celiac or other intolerences as well.When your stomach is at its worse is your neck worse at the sametime?

Well I don't have stomach problems for the past good month now, but bowel problems and neck pain are killing me ( but no cramping, abdominal pain ) and neck pain come and goes, sometimes it starts in the morning, sometimes when I walking in the town. 

By the way I just tried Biocard celiac test kit and it showed positive results for Celiac. Not sure if its reliable. 

#4 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I used to have neck pain and tightness in my right shoulder, traveling up my neck which would then turn into a headache. Been going on for years. I went to osteopaths, had exrays that came out fine, neurologists found nothing, finally ended up in pain management for it. At the same time I had other symptoms...stomach problems, lots of constipation, some D, weight loss (although I could eat like a pig), hair loss, hypothyroid. Never equated those symptoms with the neck pain and headaches until I joined this forum and talked to my gastro. Since going gluten free, neck pain and headaches are gone. Just the other day my husband said that I do not complain about my neck anymore. Only problems I am still having is not sleeping well and trying to put more weight on. So I think pain plays a part with celiac and gluten intolerant people.

#5 home22

home22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I used to have neck pain and tightness in my right shoulder, traveling up my neck which would then turn into a headache. Been going on for years. I went to osteopaths, had exrays that came out fine, neurologists found nothing, finally ended up in pain management for it. At the same time I had other symptoms...stomach problems, lots of constipation, some D, weight loss (although I could eat like a pig), hair loss, hypothyroid. Never equated those symptoms with the neck pain and headaches until I joined this forum and talked to my gastro. Since going gluten free, neck pain and headaches are gone. Just the other day my husband said that I do not complain about my neck anymore. Only problems I am still having is not sleeping well and trying to put more weight on. So I think pain plays a part with celiac and gluten intolerant people.

Same like me, well, looks like I'll need get another endoscopy apppointment...

#6 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hi Home22,

Your symptoms could be related to celiac disease.  There are many celiac disease symptoms, and many of them are not in the gut.  Some people have no gut symptoms at all in fact.  They call that "silent celiac".

You can get an endoscopy with 6 or so biopsy samples to test for villi blunting in the small intestine.  You can also get blood antibodie tests done.  Don't go gluten-free until the testing is complete though or the results will be affected.

Helpful threads:

FAQ Celiac com
http://www.celiac.co...celiac-disease/

Newbie Info 101
http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

What's For Breakfast Today?
http://www.celiac.co...reakfast-today/

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#7 home22

home22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Blood test done (EMA) in hospital today and it's back positive. Having endoscopy in a couple weeks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: