arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

One For The Ladies (Intolerance Symptom)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

ok ive had this symptom for a while now,

even before the doc went with the celiac tests. id been keeping a food diary and one symptom was ,i kinda felt like my labia and around my clitoris was swelling up . sorry if thats too much information. its sooooo irritating and i just cant figure out whats happening. im sure its food related coz i dont feel it all the time and its mostly at night that i notice it. i cant really describe it , i dont know if its itchy or tingly, i just know its bloody annoying. i try my best not to touch it in any way coz if i do it intensifies and drives me crazy.sometimes its dry and irritated and others its perfectly normal - god ive never paid so much attention to my nether regions lol.

just looked up the diary and the symptoms were with quorn and a soya dessert. but just had cup of coffee and a handfull of cashews and got it again.

ive tried googling it but it just mostly suggests and infection - sure its not that coz its not all the time . no discharge or smell (soz again)

anybody had this or any suggestions

dont eat quorn now- i discovered how it was made(dont know if its good or bad). and try to avoid soya just because i didnt want to find out another food i couldnt eat- if that made sense. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Zibby

Zibby

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Honestly, if I had those symptoms and you know it isn't a yeast infection, I'd see a gynocologist. Good luck though!

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

What age are you?  I had symptoms that I thought were a yeast infection.  Nope!  It was low estrogen.

#4 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

hi julie,

although i dont like to admit it - im 44 lol

#5 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

its interesting you bringing that up...I gave up quorn when I went gluten free about 10 wks ago (because most of the quorn products i bought contained gluten plus I realised the process of quorn!).. but I used to get swollen lymph glands under the chin, in the armpits, and in the groin after eating it ! ...suppose it couldve been a gluten reation but im highly suspicious it was the quorn.
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

thats odd,

always hated quorn but thought i needed to up my protein to try to get my weight down, so made myself eat it until i didnt mind eating it. i kept getting pains under my arms like i was gonna get an abscess but then nothing would happen.. weird ...  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: