glutego

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hello Everybody,

Newbie to the community here. 

I ate some poutine last night that was apparently gluten free, but my stomach just feels all inflamed and hurting down there.  Particularly in my lower left side.   I've said over and over and have gone through this multiple times;  I cannot trust eating out, it often ends up with me being in quite a bit of pain.

I wanted to see what other's symptoms are like when they know they've come into contact with gluten.  My pain is usually lower left side and sometimes feels like a hook into my butt as well.  Kind of feels like electric spasms or something down there. 

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on any remidies or pain relief from a reaction?  I wonder if fasting is my best bet...

Anyways, thanks for your help.

I ate a hi-gluten banana fritter from Whole Foods, and it was all down hill from there.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Don't fast. Keep meals simple, the type of  things you'd eat when you have the flu (bland, plain, easy on stomach).

Heating pads can help with the soreness.

#3 LauraB0927

LauraB0927

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

My symptoms include bloating, either constipation or D, extreme fatigue, and lots of joint pain.  Drink lots of water, eat rice (or other dry, bland food), and I agree with the heating pad - always helps relieve the cramping type pain for me.  Digestive enzymes and probiotics will help heal your gut and will help with the infamation - its probably best to take these on a daily basis anyway.  Feel better!!

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead ahead - soon we must all face the choice, to do what is right, or what is easy..." - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Diagnosed Celiac in May 2012 by TTG level and endoscopy
Acid reflux/GERD (stopped since eating gluten-free)
Syncope
Raynaud's Syndrome
Iron Deficient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: