So I am a 17 year old male and i have recently been lead to believe that i am dealing with gluten sensitivity/intolerance, or whatever its called. Now there are symptoms i have the suggest gluten sensitivity, but i am also missing many of the common symptoms.
Symptoms I Have
- Fast metabolism- food seems to pass through me pretty fast
- Trouble gaining weight or muscle- this has been a frustrating one for me because despite my feverish eating and working out, I can't gain a pound on my skinny frame
- Weight going to stomach- I have practically no fat on the rest of my body but some on my stomach
- Sinus swelling/nasal congestion- especially at night, I have dealing with nasal congestion that causes sleeping issues for a couple of years now
- Post nasal drip- diagnosed with when i went to my doctor for my congestion. Said i have seasonal allergies, when they seem to be yearlong
- Under eye circles- probably related to the previous symptom, and is not affected by sleep. Definitely worse at some times, although i have not been able to correlate it exactly to when i eat gluten
- Poor circulation-cold hands and feet
- Acne- I am still a teen so it may be normal but despite my efforts to maintain it, it is still somewhat of a problem
- Brain Fog- I have been feeling mentally slower, worse memory, and less articulate than in the past
- Thinning of hair- my eyebrow hairs seem to fall out a lot as well as my eyelashes, which are pretty short
- Depression- I have mood sings where i get extremely depressed
- Anxiety- Some social anxiety and well as the physical symptoms of anxiety for no apparent reason
- Fatigue- Even with a good nights sleep, i feel tired throughout the day
- Diarrhea- Occasionally, although i usually blamed overeating
Common symptoms that I am missing
- Stomach Pain- When i was a young child, I had constant stomach aches but rarely anymore
- Head aches
So can I assume i have a gluten allergy with the symptoms I'm having when I a missing some major ones? Have you had similar symptoms go away after you quit gluten? How long will it take for these symptoms to go away after i quit gluten (so far 1 day)? Also, can I have a little bit every now and again as long as i avoid it overall?
Edited by norman516, 19 March 2013 - 05:44 AM.