31 replies to this topic

#31 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think what gets people up in arms is the people who say they are "gluten-free" and then go and eat fried rice with regular soy sauce for example. The people who claim bread and pasta free is gluten free. And as with everything in life, we as the quote-unquote experts of what is and isn't gluten free, should take it as a learning/teaching opportunity. There are a lot of people who don't understand what the words "gluten free" mean (I gave one of them an earful today when he put normal bread in the dining hall's designated, labeled gluten free toaster) let alone just how serious those of us with celiac's have to be about things like cross contamination. 

I'm not saying get on your high horse and preach but maybe offer to show people exploring the diet the ropes and correct those who just don't know any better. 

But back to the original topic, that girl has more issues than just going gluten free. The more worrying thing in that post was "1000 cal diet." Hopefully her body reacts as quickly as mine does to calorie deficit (I pass out continuously after just 2 days...yay flu) and she'll realize that's not enough. 

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

why don't they just say, "carb free" or something like that.  because if you're getting cc'd, you're not gluten free.  and if you're still getting gluten, what's the point of the whole thing?  

sounds like she is a "LOOK AT ME!  LOOK AT ME!" type - my daughter has a friend like that, but to the opposite.  she weighs, probably, at least 250 lbs - always "so excited to start my new diet today!"  until the next morning when she is posting a giant pancake breakfast at IHOP "my wonderful husband took me out for breakfast!  i have the best husband in the world"  evidently her diet was so secret, she didn't even tell him lolz.  or my personal favorite "my new dancersize class starts next tuesday - i can't wait!!!!"  followed by the countdown to tuesday.  the next day she is posting why she is quitting it.....  "i think i BROKE MY LEG in dance class last night"  you can set your clock by it.  (it's a self diagnosed broken leg.  it miraculously heals...)  she has stomach issues, supposedly, all the time and i have suggested that maybe she wants to try gluten free but she is *absolutely certain* that is not it.  translated to me:  she really doesn't want to help herself, she just wants to bitch about it to get attention.  POOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

here's her latest:  "i think i'm going to try 'insanity' i'm so excited!!!"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!  now, i have fitness instructor friends who struggle with this program.  my son does it and it kills him.  my eyes can not roll back in my head far enough.

no offense to anyone who has weight issues.  this chick just blows my mind....  sorry....

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: