Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Were You First Symptoms To Go Away?

first symptoms start

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 running like a zombie

running like a zombie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

They first to leave were my horrible stomach cramps and the rest of the ibs like symptoms. Also abt that time my reflux was gone. A couple of weeks later as my life became normal again the agitation finally disappeared.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 BZBee

BZBee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Joint Pain in my hips, knees, and ankles! That went away 2-3 weeks gluten free. Also, bloating and acid reflux went away.

#18 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Tingling feet stopped pretty quickly, the joint pain in my arms and shoulders improved after about five months.

Still struggling with digestive issues, but at least the majorly preggo-belly bloat is gone after about six months.

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#19 lisa74

lisa74

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Glad that you are feeling better now on a gluten free diet! The first symptom that went away was my chest pain when I went gluten free. It went away after 2 days of being gluten free and hasn't been back.

#20 MicheleR

MicheleR

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

I have been gluten free for only a week.  However, I already feel so much better!!  I can actually eat without getting a terrible stomach ache afterwards.  My head seems clearer, concentration is getting better.  Chest pains seem to be gone.  A coworker told me yesterday that I am losing the bloated look, which I saw, but thought maybe I was imagining it.  I have cheek bones again.   Lost 3 lbs in the first week, but find that clothes already fit better.  My energy level still isn't where I want it, but that can also be from the iron and B12 deficiencies.  Once I get more energy I plan on getting more exercise, which I know will help tremendously!  Thanks again for this forum!!  I was out with my 14yo nephew who was hungry and we weren't close to home, so we went to a 99 restaurant, and I ordered a gluten free burger.  I didn't think I had to explain how sick I could get from cross contamination, but, as delicious as the meal was, I did get the stomach pains.  I suspect they weren't as careful as they should have been in the kitchen.  Next time, I will have my card to show exactly what I need.  Lesson learned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: