No replies to this topic

#1 adelajoy

adelajoy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Okay, I've been gluten-free for almost a month now. I accidentally glutened myself today, and this afternoon was really awful, but I still went to the gym and sat in the sauna afterwards, which I've done twice before.

After my friend and I got out of the sauna and showered, I was covered in splotchy red. It looked like a rash, but it wasn't bumpy or itchy. My legs up to mid-thigh, my arms, my chest, the top of my breasts and my face were all red and splotchy. I noticed it pretty well lined up with where I used to be quite tanned, so it might be related to damaged melanin. Certain spots hurt when I touched them, and everything that was red was warm to the touch.

I would assume this was a normal reaction to going in a sauna in the middle of winter when it's freezing out, and your body isn't used to going in saunas, but my friend wasn't red or pink or splotchy or anything at all. She was in the sauna, but after a shower, her body returned to normal.

Basically, I don't know if this was caused by the heat of the sauna, or from eating gluten today. Have any of you ever experienced this? Is this normal? Should I avoid the sauna? Maybe this is a tan-related thing? 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: