2 replies to this topic

#1 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:01 AM

I am negative for Celiac, but have Gluten Ataxia. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis three years ago. I really don't have anything that looks like psoriasis except inside my ears (grose.) What I DO have, though, is a rash around my hairline and in my scalp that are like pimples that bleed. Is that what DH is like? Three years ago a dermatologist said that I had "sebo-psoriasis" -- that in the spectrum of dermatologic disorders starting at contact dermatitis, it progresses to exzema, then seborrhea, then psoriasis. He said that it wasn't "true psoriasis". My neurologist has been asking LOTS of questions about the rash to the extent that he wants to biopsy it -- should I have that done???
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:13 AM

My DH looks like little teeny blisters that cluster together, while the skin underneath is kind of red and raised. If I scratch them they will bleed or ooze gross fluid (don't know what it is, don't want to know). It's horribly, horribly itchy and stings at the same time.

It can't hurt to just have the biopsy done just to see.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#3 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:17 PM

That's kind of how my hairline is . . . I think I will go ahead and get it done. Thanks for the info . . . .
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: