Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Do You Wonder What All The Fuss Is About Gmos?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Good Morning All-

I have to admit until very recently I had no idea what the big deal about GMOs was....

A GMO labeling law proposed in California last Fall was gaining momentum and looked as if it would pass - then Monsanto and other big chemical corporations threw a ridiculous amount of advertising dollars at California -- saturating the airwaves and tv commercials with claims that our groceries would become very expensive should Prop 37 pass -- it worked, the prop failed to pass with 47% of the vote -- my own parents voted early -- before I explained how important it was -- they thought they were helping the younger generation by not causing an increase in food cost.

If you live in a state with a GMO labeling proposition -- learn the facts aside from Big Chemical's propaganda!

Here is a great video -- it is long -- so pop some corn or grab whatever safe snack you enjoy and give it a watch.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Shorter version:  These Big Ag chemical companies and Monsanto are insisting that the American public be forced to eat anonymous, unlabeled "foods" which have had other animals, plants, bacteria and fungi inserted into them,  because they intend to control the seed supplies which all farmers use worldwide, which will only perform with these herbicides they are hawking. 

Unlabeled food products = extreme danger to now about 10 to 15% of the population, with allergies and food intolerances.  And yes, they ARE trying to scam people into accepting GMO rice, by making it a pretty yellow color, and claiming they're going to save all those babies in the 3rd world with it.  They may as well put pictures of kittens on every sack.  They're also working on GMO wheat.  They've come up with a GMO sugar beet that they call the "Energy Beetâ„¢ " to make ethanol out of, because it has been altered to produce different kinds of sugars than regular sugar beets, that ferment better, and they're touting that this beet can be grown anywhere, unlike regular sugar beets.  Of course, they're pretending that the sugar beet PULP byproduct from this will not be used for human foods, but please prove to me that it is not going to be used for LIVESTOCK FEEDS just like any other processed sugar pulp beet running thru the same factories !   

.... and we wonder why feedlot animals need so much antibiotic to survive....  here comes more altered gut flora, for them. 

Unscrupulous and unethical plant research scientists in search of University money say things like "no proven danger."  When you run an experiment on human and livestock feeding, and don't TRACK THE RESULTS and compare them to those not eating the same thing, of course you get to say things like that.  

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Lisa.  Very interesting documentary.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 MJ_S

MJ_S

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

This is depressing (and I don't even need to get glutened to get depressed by this). I worry that by the time consumers get concerned enough, assuming it ever happens, it will be too late.

Blood Tests: TTG IgA Negative / Total IGA Normal

Skin: Confirmed DH
Genetic: DQ8 & DQ6 Positive (DQA1*0301, DQB1*0302, DQA1*0103, DQB1*0603)
Free Of: Gluten 1/1/11, Dairy 2010, Soy 2011

#5 Ollie's Mom

Ollie's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I think it is already too late. I didn't watch the video, so I'm not sure if this gets touched on, but now farmers are dealing with "genetic pollution" Where the pollen (and therefore inserted genetic material) is being spread by insects / wind to what are supposed to be non-gmo crops. Soon, seeds everywhere could be contaminated with all sorts of genes that don't belong and that do who knows what to humans and animals (domestic and wild). I don't have much hope for the long term survival of the human race.

#6 MJ_S

MJ_S

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Sadly I agree with you.

Blood Tests: TTG IgA Negative / Total IGA Normal

Skin: Confirmed DH
Genetic: DQ8 & DQ6 Positive (DQA1*0301, DQB1*0302, DQA1*0103, DQB1*0603)
Free Of: Gluten 1/1/11, Dairy 2010, Soy 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: