6 replies to this topic

#1 josh052980

josh052980

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Up until about 2 months ago I was having yogurt every morning, and feeling great. I got sick of it, and wanted some variety and almost immediately started having issues. Acid reflux, excessive gas, abdominal pain, abdominal cramping, and many others. I'm thinking that what is missing is the probiotic element to things here. Fiber isn't an issue, I'm eating Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oatmeal in the mornings.

Has anyone had a good experience with a probiotic they can recommend, or would it be easiest to just eat some yogurt like I used to?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pianoland

pianoland

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Why not start up yogurt again? I eat it almost everyday. It's so easy to make it interesting. I tend to get plain Greek and add different fruit like kiwi, banana, blueberries, whatever is in season, homemade granola (especially since you can tolerate oats), almonds, dried fruit, honey or cinnamon if you want a sweetener. It never gets old!

I'm not very good about being consistent with taking a probiotic but I think they really help with digestion. This is what I take, not sure if it's easy to get your hands on though: http://www.melaleuca...l.aspx?sku=7774

Celebrating being gluten free since July 22, 2011.

#3 jordan shulak

jordan shulak

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Any gluten-free probiotics should be fine.

#4 Psyche

Psyche

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

I have far more issues if I do not take probiotics. I take supplements plus eat Greek yogurt daily.

Something witty this way comes...

#5 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

I take the one talked about here: http://www.celiac.co...ign#entry858827

#6 AshBil

AshBil

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm having the complete opposite problem. When I started taking a probiotic and eating yogurt again after going gluten free, I got very very sick. Extreme nausea to the point of almost vomiting and stomach pains. But it felt very different from the way I feel when I get glutened.  And the yogurt and the probiotics were completely gluten free and my symptoms hadn't started until I started those pills and eating the yogurt. They never bothered me before I went gluten free this past October. I'm still confused what all that was about but once I stopped the pills and the yogurt, I felt so much better, it was crazy. Something about active culters in the yogurt and probiotics are giving me such an adverse reaction, so I'm in a completely different boat than you.

"There's just one life to live and there's no time to waste!"

Let's all gang up and kick gluten in the butt!

#7 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

My nutritionist recommended Align probiotics and I love them. They finally got rid of that last bit of 'gut gurgle' that had lingered while I tried out other probiotics. They work really really well for me. Might be worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: