1 reply to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

So I stop in Costco today for Splenda and am meandering to the front of the store and happen to see a huge display of bread. I'm like whatever. Then I notice it is two packs of gluten free bread. I squeal with delight and RUN to the display. At this point I am quite sure everyone in the area is looking at me like I'm a freak. I was holding a chicken so I tell my husband to hold it so I can read the ingredients. Suddenly I'm bouncing up and down and saying "I can eat this! I can eat this!" Two loaves, $7.99. No freaking kidding! So I bring it home, it is full of seeds and crap. (I used to buy that kind of bread all the time on purpose, loved it.) It is like 15 carbs and 1/3 of that fiber. It is packaged to be shelf stable til July, but once opened says is only good for a week in the fridge.

Anywho, I get home and butter up a slice and share it with my husband. I like a gluten eaters report since I'm so biased. It was love at first bite for me. He liked it okay too. It is soft, but with the seedy crunch. Just.... omg. I can not recommend this enough. Especially at $4 a loaf.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Psyche

Psyche

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Oh! I will have to send my husband to Costco today.

Something witty this way comes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: