Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Blood Test Today: Such A Great Doctor

7 posts in this topic

I finally saw my doctor today. She was amazing. I told her my symptoms and she was right on top of it and actually suggested the Celiac Panel (or whatever it is called ha!) before I mentioned it. Also, with my history, I'm seeing the GI doctor on the 2nd of April. A fecal occult test came up positive, which isn't surprising since I have had colon polyps since 9. She also ran a complete blood panel and a test to check for any deficiencies. I should have the results by next week. 

So I feel good knowing we are on the right track. I should have answers soon. I just want to feel better!

Ads by Google:

I finally saw my doctor today. She was amazing. I told her my symptoms and she was right on top of it and actually suggested the Celiac Panel (or whatever it is called ha!) before I mentioned it. Also, with my history, I'm seeing the GI doctor on the 2nd of April. A fecal occult test came up positive, which isn't surprising since I have had colon polyps since 9. She also ran a complete blood panel and a test to check for any deficiencies. I should have the results by next week. 

So I feel good knowing we are on the right track. I should have answers soon. I just want to feel better!

Awesome -- glad you found a good doctor and thanks for the update :)

Thank you. It really puts my mind at ease to have a doctor so willing to listen and to order testing and be so proactive. I adore her. She is also going to work with my G.I. to take the necessary steps to get my insurance to cover a specific genetic test to check for markers re: my history of precancerous polyps since I was a child. 

So yeah, lots of upcoming tests and procedures, but I'm ready to feel better. Also, once I get the results Monday, I'm going either gluten-free or gluten-lite depending on if they recommend a biopsy. At least I know I'll be having a colonoscopy, so adding in the endo. won't be a chore, ha. 

This is great news!  I hope all continues that way and you can go gluten free soon.

Diana

Thank you! Her and I did talk at length and decided that with my G.I. background being so worrisome, even if the tests come back negative, it wouldn't hurt me to go gluten free. So I'm going to consider it regardless. However, I know myself very well and without a positive dx, it'll be easier to cheat. 

Sigh, I always admire those with willpower. 

Thank you! Her and I did talk at length and decided that with my G.I. background being so worrisome, even if the tests come back negative, it wouldn't hurt me to go gluten free. So I'm going to consider it regardless. However, I know myself very well and without a positive dx, it'll be easier to cheat. 

Sigh, I always admire those with willpower. 

That is what I told my mom, I need the positive DX to stick with it. But the way my diet already is it will not be too difficult and as I check some of my favorite items like ketchup, miracle whip, and kraft dressing I am good on that front too.

Any chance your doctor is in Southern Ohio? I need a good doc! =)

Sorry, I'm in MO. I lucked out finding her.