6 replies to this topic

#1 MissyShelle

MissyShelle

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I finally saw my doctor today. She was amazing. I told her my symptoms and she was right on top of it and actually suggested the Celiac Panel (or whatever it is called ha!) before I mentioned it. Also, with my history, I'm seeing the GI doctor on the 2nd of April. A fecal occult test came up positive, which isn't surprising since I have had colon polyps since 9. She also ran a complete blood panel and a test to check for any deficiencies. I should have the results by next week. 

So I feel good knowing we are on the right track. I should have answers soon. I just want to feel better!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

I finally saw my doctor today. She was amazing. I told her my symptoms and she was right on top of it and actually suggested the Celiac Panel (or whatever it is called ha!) before I mentioned it. Also, with my history, I'm seeing the GI doctor on the 2nd of April. A fecal occult test came up positive, which isn't surprising since I have had colon polyps since 9. She also ran a complete blood panel and a test to check for any deficiencies. I should have the results by next week. 

So I feel good knowing we are on the right track. I should have answers soon. I just want to feel better!

Awesome -- glad you found a good doctor and thanks for the update :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 MissyShelle

MissyShelle

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Thank you. It really puts my mind at ease to have a doctor so willing to listen and to order testing and be so proactive. I adore her. She is also going to work with my G.I. to take the necessary steps to get my insurance to cover a specific genetic test to check for markers re: my history of precancerous polyps since I was a child. 

So yeah, lots of upcoming tests and procedures, but I'm ready to feel better. Also, once I get the results Monday, I'm going either gluten-free or gluten-lite depending on if they recommend a biopsy. At least I know I'll be having a colonoscopy, so adding in the endo. won't be a chore, ha. 

#4 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

This is great news!  I hope all continues that way and you can go gluten free soon.

Diana

#5 MissyShelle

MissyShelle

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thank you! Her and I did talk at length and decided that with my G.I. background being so worrisome, even if the tests come back negative, it wouldn't hurt me to go gluten free. So I'm going to consider it regardless. However, I know myself very well and without a positive dx, it'll be easier to cheat. 

Sigh, I always admire those with willpower. 

#6 SeekingSarah

SeekingSarah

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thank you! Her and I did talk at length and decided that with my G.I. background being so worrisome, even if the tests come back negative, it wouldn't hurt me to go gluten free. So I'm going to consider it regardless. However, I know myself very well and without a positive dx, it'll be easier to cheat. 

Sigh, I always admire those with willpower. 

That is what I told my mom, I need the positive DX to stick with it. But the way my diet already is it will not be too difficult and as I check some of my favorite items like ketchup, miracle whip, and kraft dressing I am good on that front too.

Any chance your doctor is in Southern Ohio? I need a good doc! =)

#7 MissyShelle

MissyShelle

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Sorry, I'm in MO. I lucked out finding her. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: