Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Upset Over Endoscopy Results! This Happen To Anyone Else?

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 jamiecasabellameeks

jamiecasabellameeks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

You are in the US? Yes. They have to give you a copy of your medical record or the part you want. The only exception to this would be mental health related records that the doctor may determine that it would be detrimental to you having and adoption/ birth records that reveal the parent or adoptive parents identity.

They may ask you to pay for them but many doctors offices don't. I wouldn't mention that the doc hasn't gone over them with you or any of that. Just call and ask to speak to the medical records clerk about getting a copy.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to call this afternoon!

Jamie :wacko:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to call this afternoon!

If they give you trouble, pm ( personal message me) and I can give you some more specific help.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#18 jamiecasabellameeks

jamiecasabellameeks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

I WILL! THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

If they give you trouble, pm ( personal message me) and I can give you some more specific help.

Jamie :wacko:

#19 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

In the meantime, start the diet.  No need to wait.

#20 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

I checked into this.  While they are required to give you copies of your records, there isn't a time limit and you might end up waiting a month anyway.  It might work better to work around the people who don't want to give you the results by asking the facility directly.  Also, if you ask them to be sent to your primary care doctor (if that one is cooperative), rather than giving them to you directly, they may be more compliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: