#31 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Running, this is your statement that other members have questioned:

We took a look at purdue's frozen chicken and made a shocking discovery. The chicken had been frozen in a broth that contained barley

..and have asked you to support your statement.  I would suggest you and your partner look for other options, such as the method of frying or oils.  Most people where I live use a seasoned skillet that is well used to cook every floury thing.   That gluten remains in the pan that can cause contamination.

Another thing to look into is that the longer you are gluten free, your reaction time will vary.  In other words...did you and your partner share a lunch  or a previous dinner, that might not have been 100% safe, and the response was after your evening meal.  I react amost 24 hours after I have been exposed to gluten.

No one is denying your illness, but your intial statement was a bit alarming, when Perdue had been a pretty good company for those of us with Celiac.  Although individuals nor companies are perfect. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

I didn't mean food poisoning, I meant a stomach virus or the like. I thought one time that I had been glutened but I couldn't figure out how. When some of my close friends started getting sick I realized my "glutening" was actually just plain old stomach "flu".

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: