Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:59 AM
I got my 1st soy fog this week. Pretty similar to a gluten one for me.
I lose the sense of ever being able to achieve anything in the future.
I feel like something is pushing me back on my chest.
I stare blankly at walls. Daytime tv is as much as I can handle. Even that seems taxing sometimes.
I can't file or organise. Bills pile up even if I can afford them.
My good news is that this only happens a couple of days a month, when testing foods for reintroduction and finding a no. Previously I lived months at a time like this. I am taking back my life, and doing things I thought were gone forever.
If I can just convince myself I have to wait it out when it strikes it would be even better.
Diana, glad you have come through.
I might tell my husband I need time in the greenhouse next time
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator