4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrisbittner

Chrisbittner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

I just thought I would post my successful diet in hopes that it may help someone else in some way.  I was diagnosed with Celiac one year ago and have tried several diets since.  I eventually created one diet that worked best for me and my recovery.  I am slowly, but surely, seeing small improvements every week.  I originally started a diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, meats, probiotics, and digestive enzymes.  That diet was insufficient, although it did allow my body to begin recovery and prepare for the next step.  The next step was my own diet that I made after MUCH trial and error...

Before I eat any rice or potatoes, I take a digestive enzyme (digest platinum by Now Foods).  I also take a digestive enzyme with anything I eat after 6pm.  I don't eat anything after 8:30pm and I go to bed at 11pm.  I've learned it is very important to allow yourself to digest all food before going to bed so you can have the most rejuvenating sleep possible.

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs

White rice (I use Minute Instant Rice)

Time between breakfast and dinner:

White Potato

Assorted Fruits

Assorted Vegetables (raw or pureed)

Honey Flavored Lactose Free Yogurt (I use Green Valley Yogurt)

White Rice

Roasted Cashews (I get mine from nuts.com)

Dinner and up to 8:30pm:

Some kind of meat

Assorted Fruits

Assorted Vegetables

White Rice

Roasted Cashews

I realize there are many more specifics to every diet, although these are the building blocks to mine that have allowed for easy digestion and proper nutrition.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm glad you are seeing some improvement with your diet, Chris.  Sometimes you have to strip it down to the basics to feel better but basic food is good food.

I agree with the digestive enzymes and I still use them after 8 years gluten-free.  They help tremendously, especially with proteins and fats. However, I cannot go that long before bed without eating something but I have healed well and have no problems.  It does get better and easier as time goes on and you'll be able to add foods back in and resume your normal eating once healed. It'll just be gluten free normal.

Glad to see you have discovered Nuts.com. Excellent site and it's where many of us buy all of our nuts and dried fruits. I think their stuff is the best around.

I wish you continued better health! 

#3 Dugudugu

Dugudugu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hmm, maybe a stupid question, but what do you mean by digestive enzymes? Is that a pill or something?

#4 Chrisbittner

Chrisbittner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hmm, maybe a stupid question, but what do you mean by digestive enzymes? Is that a pill or something?

Basically yes.  It is a supplement that helps provide enzymes to breakdown the foods you eat. 

#5 Dugudugu

Dugudugu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Thank you. Never heard of it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: