Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Otc Drugs And Cross Contamination

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone had an issue with it? I would think if you know for certain that all the inactive ingredients in a product are gluten-free, there's probably a %90 chance that it is in fact gluten free. My logic is that with important things like drugs - they're already going to make sure there's no cross contamination with the other drugs - therefore they're probably going to thoroughly clean the production lines in between each run anyway. 

Am I assuming too much or has anyone been told that an OTC drug wasn't gluten-free when all the ingredients were?

Ads by Google:

I have been told when calling a company that because of manufacturing processes they didn't consider the OTC product to be gluten free and certainly recommended I not take it.

If they say something like " no gluten ingredients. Don't know about the suppliers.....blah, blah". They don't test for gluten and have a legal department that told them to say that. I use them if they have no gluten ingredients.

If they say something like " no gluten ingredients. Don't know about the suppliers.....blah, blah". They don't test for gluten and have a legal department that told them to say that. I use them if they have no gluten ingredients.

Me too.

Me three :)

Me four. But I love it when it says "gluten free" on the bottle (like my vitamins)! If there's a brand that's labeled gluten-free, and one that isn't, I'll definitely buy the gluten-free for sure one, even if it costs a little more.