Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Easter Candy

4 posts in this topic

Around here, the Easter bunny hides plastic eggs all over our yard (this year it will be in snow drifts LOL) that are filled with chocolate eggs, jelly beans, and marshmallow chicks. My family is now gluten-free and it's harder to fill the eggs. I have bought small cheap toys to put in a good portion of our eggs but I still want to give the boys some treats.  So far I have individually wrapped gums, Real Fruit jube jubes, Fruit to go fruit leathers, and some M&M's to put in....It's just not very traditional junk. LOL

Any brands of candy (found in western canada) that you know of that would be appropriate to put into plastic eggs?  Thanks!  :)

Ads by Google:

Peeps are labeled gluten-free in the US.

Peeps are my Easter go to and Mike & Ike are my year round standard. Peeps are awesome in hot chocolate for after a morning in the snow too! I've also been known in a weak moment to grab Starburst in the check out line. (I know, I act 5 sometimes, but my mom can't stop me so neener.) They aren't super Eastery but they're bright and colorful and they probably come in spring or Easter packages.

They like Peeps!  Thanks.  Now I just have to find some....