12 replies to this topic

#1 maximoo

maximoo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I discovered gluten-free wraps made by a co called "Goodbye Gluten"  I was actually at an Entenmann's outlet buying a glutenous treat for me ( I don't have celiac) and there it was!  gluten-free Wraps!! in original & multigrain. There are 6 in a pack & it costs $2! yes $2!! I bought a pk for my kids & they like it.  I tasted it too & they are pretty decent.  They do crumble a bit but that's ok for the price & that they are gluten-free.  I'm sure they cost more in any other store as this was an outlet. Unfortunately I don't know if I can get them there again, but if I do I'll get a few packs to freeze.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Sure wish they had them in Hawaii!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 gringa_lg

gringa_lg

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

im going to have to look for those! im not gluten intolerant but am supporting my hubby.......and the only thing i could find shopping today was rice flour tortillas. apparently they dont hold together too well so idk how well they will do for creating a wrap. 

#4 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

we can buy  goodbye gluten free   bread  but  not the  wraps...go  figure....We  do  like  the  Rudi's  wraps....

#5 karichelle

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I like the Rudi's ones too, but I wish I could find some that are as pliable as wheat flour ones. I have high hopes for the Udi's ones but it will probably be months before I see them.

#6 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

At my local publix I saw a package of gluten-free wraps by Toufayan by the deli area.  I did nit buy them as no price tag was visible plus  I have 1/2 pkg of Goodbye Gluten wwraps  in fridge & a full 1 in the freezer but as soon as those are gone I will try the Toufayan

Has anybody had these wraps yet?

#7 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

don't know the name toufayan-- the only ones we have are the brown rice wraps. Don't  have the Rudi's either

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 corden

corden

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

At my local publix I saw a package of gluten-free wraps by Toufayan by the deli area.  I did nit buy them as no price tag was visible plus  I have 1/2 pkg of Goodbye Gluten wwraps  in fridge & a full 1 in the freezer but as soon as those are gone I will try the Toufayan

Has anybody had these wraps yet?

I buy them every week , they are the best wraps out there, my daughter will only eat them ,And i spoke with toufayan company and you can freeze them so i buy them in bulk 

#9 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

thx corden I hope they aren't too expensive

#10 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Awww I wish we could find those. I love the Udi's flour tortilla's but I can't get those around here either. I bought some from Gluten Free mall but seldom get them becauuse frozen food shipping is crazy and they count as 1/2 unit even though they lay flat and take up no space.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#11 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

You can make them! Not at my computer where the recipes are saved. They really are not difficult.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

You can make them! Not at my computer where the recipes are saved. They really are not difficult.

They are better homemade, I agree... and here are a few  suggestions!

http://recipes.spark...p?recipe=821341

http://www.food.com/...ortillas-302922

http://glutenfreegir...lour-tortillas/

http://www.livingwit...las-2577-1.html

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#13 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

The Udi's ones are good - not perfect, but better than anything else I have tried.  If you are having trouble with them not being pliable, just warm them in the microwave between two slightly damp paper towels and they work MUCH better.  This might work with other brands too.

Cara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: