Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

80's Fancy Dress ...... Ideas Anyone?

11 posts in this topic

Well I've been invited to my friends 50th party in May and it'll be at Butlins (holiday camp) 80's party weekend .... kid free.... yeh !!!! :) (i love him really!)

So, has anyone any ideas what I can go as? I really don't have a clue but want it to be comfortable so I can dance and go mad to the 80s bands ;) without getting too warm. Help!!! ???

Ads by Google:

oh karen, a wedding dress that would be funny ;)

yeah thanks, some good ideas on there..all the neon stuff. On my, I can't believe I once wore a shell suit eeek!!

My friend is going as a rocker. I originally thought Madonna but alas I don't have the physique for her clothes :( . I quite liked ska in my youth too but cant find anything for women.

Think I may take a look in some charity shops, maybe they'll have some big dynasty type stuff like you said ..quite fancy abit of glam :)

Leggings/stirrup pants and an oversized geometric print (or polo button down) shirt with shoulder pads. And flat shoes - plain and pointy toes. Big dangly earrings and huge puffy curly hair.

Goth :)

hey cmw, I was thinking goth myself or something totally different like a female from Star Trek next generation lol.

I was a shy punk for a few weeks in my youth so that appeals too !

Leggings/stirrup pants and an oversized geometric print (or polo button down) shirt with shoulder pads. And flat shoes - plain and pointy toes. Big dangly earrings and huge puffy curly hair.

sounds good prickly pear...oooh those pointy shoes, i loved those rebina type!

maybe some illuminous bangles and bright leg warmers... :)

Okay, I was an 80's girl for Halloween a couple years ago. I want you to google think back to Madonna's "Holiday" days....leggings, slouch socks (multiple) shoes probably canvas sneakers, tutu type skirt, tank top with a mesh sort of shirt off the shoulder over it. Perhaps a jean jacket. I did some neon jewelry layers of bangle bracelets, big earrings, a piece of toule tied in a big bow in my hair ( wild teased hair ofcourse) a pair of lace knee highs cut for fingerless gloves! Soo much fun! Madonna had tons of different styles to get inspiration from!

I really loved the madonna style but the tutu wouldnt be the most flattering on my frame..unless maybe I could get away with a rara black type of skirt..but not too short?? ..infact was thinking the strawberry switchblade polkadot rara look...oh I don't know, confused now lol.

thanks will google and have a play with ideas :) .

You could always do the ripped jeans look with a bright colored legging under them with the same type outfit!

good idea...or florescent (i need spell check haha) tights under....hmmm something to thing about!

i thought of the ripped jeans......when i was a teen, i made my own punk jeans with rips and zips and writing all over them and used food colouring for my hair (which never worked well)..but i like your idea :)