80's Fancy Dress ...... Ideas Anyone?
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:18 PM
So, has anyone any ideas what I can go as? I really don't have a clue but want it to be comfortable so I can dance and go mad to the 80s bands without getting too warm. Help!!! ???
Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:11 PM
Harem pants were popular. Jackets with big shoulder pads ( think Dynasty)
"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."
May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.
Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:43 PM
yeah thanks, some good ideas on there..all the neon stuff. On my, I can't believe I once wore a shell suit eeek!!
My friend is going as a rocker. I originally thought Madonna but alas I don't have the physique for her clothes . I quite liked ska in my youth too but cant find anything for women.
Think I may take a look in some charity shops, maybe they'll have some big dynasty type stuff like you said ..quite fancy abit of glam
Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM
Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).
Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!
Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:38 PM
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:44 AM
Leggings/stirrup pants and an oversized geometric print (or polo button down) shirt with shoulder pads. And flat shoes - plain and pointy toes. Big dangly earrings and huge puffy curly hair.
sounds good prickly pear...oooh those pointy shoes, i loved those rebina type!
maybe some illuminous bangles and bright leg warmers...
Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:46 PM
Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:02 PM
thanks will google and have a play with ideas .
Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:49 PM
Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:00 PM
i thought of the ripped jeans......when i was a teen, i made my own punk jeans with rips and zips and writing all over them and used food colouring for my hair (which never worked well)..but i like your idea
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users