80's Fancy Dress ...... Ideas Anyone?
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:18 PM
So, has anyone any ideas what I can go as? I really don't have a clue but want it to be comfortable so I can dance and go mad to the 80s bands without getting too warm. Help!!! ???
Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:11 PM
Harem pants were popular. Jackets with big shoulder pads ( think Dynasty)
"Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:43 PM
yeah thanks, some good ideas on there..all the neon stuff. On my, I can't believe I once wore a shell suit eeek!!
My friend is going as a rocker. I originally thought Madonna but alas I don't have the physique for her clothes . I quite liked ska in my youth too but cant find anything for women.
Think I may take a look in some charity shops, maybe they'll have some big dynasty type stuff like you said ..quite fancy abit of glam
Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM
Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).
Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!
Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:38 PM
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:44 AM
Leggings/stirrup pants and an oversized geometric print (or polo button down) shirt with shoulder pads. And flat shoes - plain and pointy toes. Big dangly earrings and huge puffy curly hair.
sounds good prickly pear...oooh those pointy shoes, i loved those rebina type!
maybe some illuminous bangles and bright leg warmers...
Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:46 PM
Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:02 PM
thanks will google and have a play with ideas .
Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:49 PM
Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:00 PM
i thought of the ripped jeans......when i was a teen, i made my own punk jeans with rips and zips and writing all over them and used food colouring for my hair (which never worked well)..but i like your idea
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users