• Please log in to reply

10 replies to this topic

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Well I've been invited to my friends 50th party in May and it'll be at Butlins (holiday camp) 80's party weekend .... kid free.... yeh !!!! :) (i love him really!)

So, has anyone any ideas what I can go as? I really don't have a clue but want it to be comfortable so I can dance and go mad to the 80s bands ;) without getting too warm. Help!!! ???
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Would you like my wedding dress? :)

Harem pants were popular. Jackets with big shoulder pads ( think Dynasty)

http://www.liketotal...ion-trends.html

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

oh karen, a wedding dress that would be funny ;)
yeah thanks, some good ideas on there..all the neon stuff. On my, I can't believe I once wore a shell suit eeek!!

My friend is going as a rocker. I originally thought Madonna but alas I don't have the physique for her clothes :( . I quite liked ska in my youth too but cant find anything for women.

Think I may take a look in some charity shops, maybe they'll have some big dynasty type stuff like you said ..quite fancy abit of glam :)

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Leggings/stirrup pants and an oversized geometric print (or polo button down) shirt with shoulder pads. And flat shoes - plain and pointy toes. Big dangly earrings and huge puffy curly hair.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Goth :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Goth :)

hey cmw, I was thinking goth myself or something totally different like a female from Star Trek next generation lol.

I was a shy punk for a few weeks in my youth so that appeals too !

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Leggings/stirrup pants and an oversized geometric print (or polo button down) shirt with shoulder pads. And flat shoes - plain and pointy toes. Big dangly earrings and huge puffy curly hair.

sounds good prickly pear...oooh those pointy shoes, i loved those rebina type!

maybe some illuminous bangles and bright leg warmers... :)

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Okay, I was an 80's girl for Halloween a couple years ago. I want you to google think back to Madonna's "Holiday" days....leggings, slouch socks (multiple) shoes probably canvas sneakers, tutu type skirt, tank top with a mesh sort of shirt off the shoulder over it. Perhaps a jean jacket. I did some neon jewelry layers of bangle bracelets, big earrings, a piece of toule tied in a big bow in my hair ( wild teased hair ofcourse) a pair of lace knee highs cut for fingerless gloves! Soo much fun! Madonna had tons of different styles to get inspiration from! 😀😀😀
~**caselynn**~

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I really loved the madonna style but the tutu wouldnt be the most flattering on my frame..unless maybe I could get away with a rara black type of skirt..but not too short?? ..infact was thinking the strawberry switchblade polkadot rara look...oh I don't know, confused now lol.

thanks will google and have a play with ideas :) .

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

You could always do the ripped jeans look with a bright colored legging under them with the same type outfit!
~**caselynn**~

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

good idea...or florescent (i need spell check haha) tights under....hmmm something to thing about!

i thought of the ripped jeans......when i was a teen, i made my own punk jeans with rips and zips and writing all over them and used food colouring for my hair (which never worked well)..but i like your idea :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: