Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Digestive Enzymes

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if I could get some advice/information about these.  I was passing some really bad smelling gas so I decided to try some digestive enzymes.  I got a brand that's gluten/dairy/soy and corn free (all the "frees" I need).  My gas went away, but now I'm sick as a dog.  I'm so nauseated I don't want to eat anything.  I've read that the enzymes can cause nausea, but this seems extreme.  Did anyone else go through this?  If so, how long did you feel sick?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ads by Google:

What kind did you buy, if I may ask? The dosage might've been too strong. Did you take them with a meal or alone? So sorry to hear that you're feeling sick. :(

Hi Ninja.  Thanks for responding.  I was taking them with meals.  The bottle said to take one with each meal.  I decided to try not take any for about 36 hours and then try again.  I felt better, but when I tried one more I felt crappy again.  I think I'll hold off on them until I have some time at home.  That way if I don't feel well I won't have to go anywhere.  Hopefully when I try again the nausea won't stick around for long.

Cut back to 1/day with your heaviest meal.