5 replies to this topic

#1 GatorGal

GatorGal

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hey everyone - so I'm 7w 1d pregnant and on Thursday I got glutened at a restaurant. I immediately had the normal symptoms but I also got incredibly dizzy, to the point where I felt like the room was constantly spinning. At first I thought this was because of horomones but I think it was actually a gluten symptom because I feel much better today. I'm worried that I might have caused harm to the baby. I have a very sensitive immune system and I've already had one miscarriage last fall. :unsure:  ..I don't see my doctor until next week so any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

When I was pregnant, my blood pressure would dip and I would get dizzy. I looked so awful one time that an ICU patient looked worried and told me to sit on his bed! :)

I think, if I was pregnant, I wouldn't eat any questionable food like a restaurant. Especially in the first 4 months when things are a bit delicate.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 JCastro

JCastro

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Try not to worry too much. I was accidentally glutened a few times when I was pregnant and I'm sitting here cuddling my sleeping 11 month old. I am very sensitive as well. I understand your worry, the first time I was glutened I was very upset but my baby boy is fine. Also, worrying is not good either so try to relax. Call the doctor if it'll make you feel better, remember they work for you! Best wishes!

#4 GatorGal

GatorGal

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

You're right kareng.. I won't take anymore chances! I spoke with the manager and was very careful when I ordered, but it's not worth the risk. Thanks for your input.

#5 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Don't worry too much.  It was an accident, and the chances that one episode caused harm are very small.

But, I will be honest, my pregnancy is the one time I have been insanely careful - only eating food I make in my own house or things I have long, long known to be safe.  It just wasn't worth taking the risk for me.  (And I ate sushi during my pregnancy!)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#6 Ollie's Mom

Ollie's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I was really careful when I was pregnant (both times)... Made all my food myself. Aaaaand... My baby brain made me buy the wrong kind of soy sauce at the grocery store. I gluten ed myself several times from the same bottle, and thought I felt like crap because of the pregnancy. Hubby asked one day why we had soy sauce with wheat in it... I couldn't believe it!!

Anyway, my baby boy is 7 months old now and perfectly healthy. Try not to worry. I'm sure your baby is fine. A mother's body will go to great lengths to protect a growing baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: