5 replies to this topic

#1 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

While healing from this dreadful disease, what if anything helps with the tender and bruised intestinal feeling?  That is my biggest complaint right now...just the general soreness like a horse walked on your lower guts.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flowerqueen

flowerqueen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

When were you diagnosed? I have been gluten free for 16 months and just when I started to feel better I was glutened by something given to me at the hospital. When I need some extra help to settle things down again I take gluten-free/wheat & dairy free slippery elm capsules after each meal. They seem to soothe my stomach.
Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.
Despite all, remaining positive!

#3 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

flowerqueen, thanks.  I will check those slippery elm capsules out!  I was diagnosed in late Jan.  

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Heating pads.

I've used them to help recover from surgery to regular aches and pains. Something about heat (as long as it isn't too hot) helps in healing.

#5 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Shadow, thanks!  I know what you mean about heat.  I was standing in front of a fireplace over the weekend and the heat from that felt so good on my guts.  I will be watching Dancing With The Stars in bed with 2 cats and my heating pad tonight.  :)

#6 flowerqueen

flowerqueen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Let me know how you get on with them ;)

flowerqueen, thanks.  I will check those slippery elm capsules out!  I was diagnosed in late Jan.  

Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.
Despite all, remaining positive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: