3 replies to this topic

#1 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well completed day 5 and my guts don't hurt like they used to. I have eaten plenty of gluten and basically tripled my food intake. The only pain I have started today....feels like a "stitch" in my lower right side....it happens when I move around a lot. The constipation is coming back and the pressure in my upper stomach is still there. I am EXTREMELY itchy......like an allergy......I get a bright rash near one of my old incision sites from when I had my gallbladder out. This would happen before I gave up gluten for 2 months. I have to put hydrocortisone cream on it and take a benedryl. Plus my eyes are sticky and itchy, my sinuses are clogged and the morning headaches and sore joints are back. Bags under my eyes are starting and I am gonna sleep good tonight cuz I am extremely tired. Not sure what I will do if the info comes back negative.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well completed day 5 and my guts don't hurt like they used to. I have eaten plenty of gluten and basically tripled my food intake. The only pain I have started today....feels like a "stitch" in my lower right side....it happens when I move around a lot. The constipation is coming back and the pressure in my upper stomach is still there. I am EXTREMELY itchy......like an allergy......I get a bright rash near one of my old incision sites from when I had my gallbladder out. This would happen before I gave up gluten for 2 months. I have to put hydrocortisone cream on it and take a benedryl. Plus my eyes are sticky and itchy, my sinuses are clogged and the morning headaches and sore joints are back. Bags under my eyes are starting and I am gonna sleep good tonight cuz I am extremely tired. Not sure what I will do if the info comes back negative.

Regardless, I believe with those symptoms its clear enough what it is.

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I am no expert but this does sound like an allergy.  You could have issues with gluten that are not celiac.  Daughter was intolerant to it.

#4 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

So if my endo comes out fine, should I go and see an allergist?  I was tested years ago but not for food - it was all grasses, dust and outdoor stuff.  And I definitely have malabsorption because I've dropped weight and not that food goes right through me but I can see it undigested at times when I go to the bathroom (TMI - sorry). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: