4 replies to this topic

#1 julissa

julissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

My daughter is due for her routine checkup, she is actually 25 today. I just realized she keeps Passover, which means she isn't eating gluten this week. the holiday is over on Monday. when do you think it would be safe to have her blood test done.

she wants to include the celiac testing since everything happened with me, and she has some other conditions that may be suspicious.

thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nosy parker

nosy parker

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

My daughter is due for her routine checkup, she is actually 25 today. I just realized she keeps Passover, which means she isn't eating gluten this week. the holiday is over on Monday. when do you think it would be safe to have her blood test done.

she wants to include the celiac testing since everything happened with me, and she has some other conditions that may be suspicious.

thanks!

If she eats matzo or any of the many Passover items made with matzo meal, she's eating gluten.  Matzo is unleavened, but made with wheat.  I think that should be fine.  Happy Birthday to your daughter!

#3 nicolebeth

nicolebeth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

thanks!

Unless she is specifically eating gluten-free, most Passover foods have matzah meal, which is wheat. Standard matzah also contains wheat (it just doesn't contain yeast). So, she may be good to go after this week.

#4 julissa

julissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Yes, thanks. I should have been more clear, sorry. I bought all gluten free stuff for passover, and made everything here gluten-free as well. she took all my food home, so she is basically eating gluten-free this week.

#5 nicolebeth

nicolebeth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yes, thanks. I should have been more clear, sorry. I bought all gluten free stuff for passover, and made everything here gluten-free as well. she took all my food home, so she is basically eating gluten-free this week.

Perhaps then she should just add some regular matzah to this week's repertoire. It should be in most stores, and it definitely has gluten. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: