Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Table Service Options

9 posts in this topic

Hi -

Any suggestions for quick meals out for my 5 year old? Super picky so will only do grilled cheese and PBJ or a cheeseburger with no bun. Right now we do Jason's, Wendy's, and 5 Guys but looking for other options. I was surprised that so many places add wheat to their burgers!

BTW he is gluten free bc of his autism, not celiac. Small amounts of gluten doesnt seem to bother him, just large quantity, so we are not overly concerned about cross contamination.

Thanks!

Red Robin? He can eat the fries, too! If he will do Asian Pei Wei or PF Chang's.

In n out burger has always been great - only gluten there are the buns. Fries, shakes.

BJ's has great pizzas.

Will he try spaghetti? Old Spaghetti Factory has been doing gluten-free pasta for several years.

Hi -

Any suggestions for quick meals out for my 5 year old? Super picky so will only do grilled cheese and PBJ or a cheeseburger with no bun. Right now we do Jason's, Wendy's, and 5 Guys but looking for other options. I was surprised that so many places add wheat to their burgers!

BTW he is gluten free bc of his autism, not celiac. Small amounts of gluten doesnt seem to bother him, just large quantity, so we are not overly concerned about cross contamination.

Thanks!

Kelley, where do you live ( if you want to say)? Some places are in certain parts of the country. beauJos is a pizza place with gluten-free cheese bread which is like a grilled cheese. I had one that only ate grilled cheese but he would eat cheese toast. Minskys pizza in the KC area.

I have found that if you take an older " kid", the younger one will try more options. My kids are now the older ones for their little cousin who will try it if M or J like it!

We are in Orlando so sadly no In n Out or Red Robin for us :(. He won't do Asian food either. We've actually been working in therapy to increase his food options and he's come a long long way but still very limited.

Honestly, we pack all our food.  Cheaper and healthier, if a lot more time consuming. :)  Ah, tradeoffs.

We usually pack our food too. But it's nice to have options when I don't have my act together. I love that Jason's has gluten free bread and wish other chains would have that option.

Chuckie Cheese  now has  a gluten-free  menu to....have  you tried  salads? Not  sure  what is in your  area  but  zoupa  has a  gluten-free  menu..Autisic  children  do have  a  limited  selection  but  working  with  a therapist  has  truly helped  my  friend's  child..

Also  Go- picnic  has  a  few  boxed  meals  for  lunches... not  my  favorite  but  kids  like  them...good  to keep in the  car .......