arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Reaction To Alter Eco Rice, Anyone Else Had It?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe0123

Joe0123

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

I had the khao deng ruby red rice and it got me :/ on their website it says everything is gluten free except one of their chocolates, because their chocolate maker uses an ingredient that can come from either corn or gluten.  But I thought that would be so insignificant that it wouldn't matter because their products come from different places, it's just they are all packaged by Alter Eco.  Perhaps the contamination came from where the rice itself is harvested, processed, etc in Thailand.  I don't really know.  Anyways, has anyone else had a reaction to their products?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yes.  what helps me is to sort through my grains and remove anything that looks like it could be a gluten grain.  Then I wash them by shaking them in a jar with some liquid dish soap for few cycles.  I was surprised at the color of the water that washes out.  If not gluten, I am certainly removing a lot of dirt.  Then I rinse very well.  I haven't had good luck finding anything that doesn't get me without this treatment.  That is, except for the buckwheat I grew in my garden last summer.  I hope that you feel better soon.

#3 Joe0123

Joe0123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Do you find that this process works for any type and brand of grains so that you can eat them, say for instance a generic bag of rice from Target, or are there still only certain brands that you can handle even with washing?  Also thanks for the well wishes.  I'll be ok in a few days <_<

#4 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I am really sensitive.  I take the most gluten-free whole grains possible and then wash.  Even then I'd rather just eat what I can grow because I can still get glutened.  At this point I would go hungry a lot without some alternatives.  Someone less sensitive wouldn't have to be as particular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: