#1 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi,
Went in this morning for my endoscopy. The doctor gave me the pictures and said I looked good but need to wait for the biopsy results to rule out celiac and h-pylori. He said if the results are negative I could still be gluten intolerant so I should go back to gluten free which I gladly did today. The glutening was horrible, especially last night eating diner food.....came home doubled over, looking like I was pregnant and I itched all last night. No gluten today and already I feel better. Felt so good after the endo, I went shopping but my husband yelled at me for getting in the car and driving off but seriously I felt fine, even after waking up in recovery. He drove me home and then was busy with his buddies in the garage so I planned my escape:-) The Dr also said if gluten free makes me feel better than stick to it. I think something is up because pizza, bread, pasta and cookies and beer totally ruin me. So now I wait for the result.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Glad the ordeal is over and you can get back to gluten-free eating.  At this point it seems pretty obvious that the results of the biopsy don't mean a lot as far as how to live your life :) -- gluten is clearly not your friend!  Still.... an official diagnosis would be nice.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

You got that right....gluten is my enemy. And it would be great to have an official DX but if my thyroid labs are better, belly problems better, nasty rashes and sinus headaches go away...all by being gluten free then that is good enough. Only our bodies can tell us the truth:-)

#4 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Glad to hear you made it through! I hope you get the answers you are looking for, but it's good that you're listening to your body about it. So find some gluten-free pizza, bread, pasta, cookies and hard cider and go back to feeling better!

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: