Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Had My Endoscopy This Morning

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Went in this morning for my endoscopy. The doctor gave me the pictures and said I looked good but need to wait for the biopsy results to rule out celiac and h-pylori. He said if the results are negative I could still be gluten intolerant so I should go back to gluten free which I gladly did today. The glutening was horrible, especially last night eating diner food.....came home doubled over, looking like I was pregnant and I itched all last night. No gluten today and already I feel better. Felt so good after the endo, I went shopping but my husband yelled at me for getting in the car and driving off but seriously I felt fine, even after waking up in recovery. He drove me home and then was busy with his buddies in the garage so I planned my escape:-) The Dr also said if gluten free makes me feel better than stick to it. I think something is up because pizza, bread, pasta and cookies and beer totally ruin me. So now I wait for the result.

Ads by Google:

Glad the ordeal is over and you can get back to gluten-free eating.  At this point it seems pretty obvious that the results of the biopsy don't mean a lot as far as how to live your life :) -- gluten is clearly not your friend!  Still.... an official diagnosis would be nice.

You got that right....gluten is my enemy. And it would be great to have an official DX but if my thyroid labs are better, belly problems better, nasty rashes and sinus headaches go away...all by being gluten free then that is good enough. Only our bodies can tell us the truth:-)

Glad to hear you made it through! I hope you get the answers you are looking for, but it's good that you're listening to your body about it. So find some gluten-free pizza, bread, pasta, cookies and hard cider and go back to feeling better!