This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

To A Friend's For Dessert.

1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I sat at the table with others eating desert.  I had already warned them that I could only eat at home, Doctors orders.  I was set at the end of the table in an effort to avoid the snack.  I took one last slurp of the water to notice my mug now had something in it.  Oh, no.  Next time, perhaps I will skip the water. 

OOps just noticed I misspelled dessert.  Oh, well, it seems kind of appropriate!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

julissa Explorer

oh no, I hope you are okay. I know how careful you are.

cavernio Enthusiast

"OOps just noticed I misspelled dessert. Oh, well, it seems kind of appropriate!"

lol

Yeah, that really, really sucks. Reasons like that are one of the reasons why I'm avoiding eating at my parents, for now at least. Like when my mom passed the bread basket, an actual woven basket with lots of holes, overtop the main gluten-free dish. Its kinda a relief for me though, she's a nagging person and last time I spoke with her she seemed to finally accept that I still wasn't feeling great or not going over for dinner due to known health issues (instead of just me being lazy my usual lazy personality *rolls eyes*) only because I told her my last scope still showed lots of damage.

carolynmay Apprentice

I'm also really sorry to hear that.  Hope you are feeling ok.

I thought I would tell you a story which might hopefully make you laugh.  I went out for lunch to a pub with my sister and a couple of friends last Summer, and I cooked all my own food to take in my lovely plastic box and lid.  So while the others all tucked into their gorgeous looking roast lunches, yorkshire puddings and gravy, I had some boring cold thing which was purely functional!

So then we sat at the outside table at the pub for a little while after lunch and I tried not to watch as they followed up with sticky tofffee puddings and apple pies and cream. I don't think I'd had time to think about bringing dessert as well.  But then, at least I knew I wouldn't be glutened and could relax.

Then there was a whip of wind and before I knew it, a plastic bag flew across to our table from the road outside and wrapped itself around my mouth before I had a chance to do anything.  Imagine my joy when I realised it was full of breadcrumbs!

Sometimes if you didn't laugh you'd really cry :-)

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Ha, Oh, yeah.  Now I guess we better keep our mouths closed, stay inside and shudder!  Having lived a few days, I think that was absurd and not likely to reoccur!    It reminds me of the time I tried to convince my friend that birds droppings wouldn't land on me...

I am okay.  I needed to laugh, though.  Thanks.

I'm also really sorry to hear that.  Hope you are feeling ok.

I thought I would tell you a story which might hopefully make you laugh.  I went out for lunch to a pub with my sister and a couple of friends last Summer, and I cooked all my own food to take in my lovely plastic box and lid.  So while the others all tucked into their gorgeous looking roast lunches, yorkshire puddings and gravy, I had some boring cold thing which was purely functional!

So then we sat at the outside table at the pub for a little while after lunch and I tried not to watch as they followed up with sticky tofffee puddings and apple pies and cream. I don't think I'd had time to think about bringing dessert as well.  But then, at least I knew I wouldn't be glutened and could relax.

Then there was a whip of wind and before I knew it, a plastic bag flew across to our table from the road outside and wrapped itself around my mouth before I had a chance to do anything.  Imagine my joy when I realised it was full of breadcrumbs!

Sometimes if you didn't laugh you'd really cry :-)

Archived