#1 shelly40

shelly40

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi all!

I was diagnosed with celiac in November. Since I was diagnosed, my whole family is going through the testing process.

I know I carry both genes.  My boys (9 and 11) were tested and while they also carry the genes, they don't have celiac.  So far, neither of my sisters have celiac.   One of my nephews tested postive for celiac.  I have 2 other nephews who were tested last week and we're awaiting the results. 

My question is about my two boys. How often should they be retested?  My ped is not very knowlegable about celiac and will test as often as I want.   I plan to talk to my GI about it but have found very useful info here too.

What have others on this forum done? 

TIA!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

http://www.curecelia...hat-should-i-do

I’ve tested with the genes for celiac disease, but I haven’t yet shown any symptoms for it. What should I do?

We recommend that you undergo a blood screen every 2-3 years or immediately upon the appearance of symptoms. This is especially true for 1st-degree relatives (parents, siblings, children) of someone with celiac disease.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: