5 replies to this topic

#1 BZBee

BZBee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

I was feeling really good after a week of bed rest and massive vitamin intake. Then, I returned to work last week and all that energy depleted. I feel like I'm back at square one. I gave up trying to focus so I went to bed to lay down. Moderate muscle and bone aches, brain fog, and extreme exhaustion. I know I didn't have any gluten so I think I'm doing more than I should at this point. This is the part I hate the most! How long did it take before you started feeling semi-normal?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BZBee

BZBee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

Work didn't happen today, :-( the pain got worse especially in my legs and feet. I thought my feet were going to break when I stood up. Ugh! I hate Celiac Disease!

#3 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm sorry. I am 5 months in and still learning. It's a process of learning and adjustment. Learn, adjust, learn, adjust, learn, adjust. I've had to forgive myself for not rising to my level of expectations and then forgive myself for having too high of expectations. Many veterans here feel very good and it took quite a few of them a long time. One person on here who was 3 1/2 months in posted her doctor's response and that helped me to adjust my expectations: http://www.celiac.co...lin#entry858877

I'm about to dig into the Paleo diet. So far, I'm sensitive to gluten, nuts, dairy, corn & soy. If I had it to do all over again, I would have started with the elimination diet (or Paleo) from the git-go. I am where I am though and my husband says he sees positive changes from an observer's point of view.

Hang in there and go easy on yourself.

Cali
Last glutening: 12/28/13 (long time FOR ME!)
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
March 2014: Reintroducing intolerant foods. Yolks & banana are a "no". Dairy NO
Year 2: Mental clarity improving. Hello to normalcy.
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
January2013: Dairy-Free, Soy-free
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

#4 BZBee

BZBee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yes, trial and error! I'm sticking to fresh vegetables, fruit and beans for the time being. It's easier to drink my meals than eat them. I manage one solid meal a day. I remain optimistic :-)

#5 Peg-leg52

Peg-leg52

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have suffered with colon problems all my life. I get very sick and end up with diarrhea. I now am deficient in Vit B12, Vit D and have been iron deficient anemia. It was so severe they was going to give me blood transfusions, but I opted for the iron infusion.

I have had the blood test ran for Celiac's and it came back negative. I'm going to go gluten free to see if that helps.

This is awful to have because when you have the attacks you are restricted to home close to the bathroom and wears me out.

#6 gfreemarketingguru

gfreemarketingguru

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

it can take some time before you feel great, but i suspect you'll start feeling better a little at a time. You mentioned taking vitamins, one thing we learned is that deficiency of B vitamins is common & can be related to some of your symptoms, but can be really hard for the intestines to absorb..we found that B vitamins in disolvable tablet forms work, they disolve under your tongue and get absorbed right away. Also, be sure your vitamins are gluten-free too, many are not!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: