Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is It Normal For Doctors To Discourage Celiac Testing?

31 posts in this topic

can you just oats?? McCains oats are from Ireland and are considered not CCd.

Cookinpapa, the only reason oatmeal is important to me is because it seems to dramatically reduce my itching from my psoriasis (dh?). It's a horrible deep seated impossible to satisfy itch that I get all the time. The Aveeno killed the itch!! So yeah, I hope to be able to find something that has oatmeal in it that is gluten-free.

Ads by Google:

can you just oats?? McCains oats are from Ireland and are considered not CCd.

What does "can you just oats??" mean? Lol I'm talking about hand lotion or cream to help with my severely intensely itchy psoriasis or whatever it is. :) The colloidal oatmeal really helps with the severe itching.

What does "can you just oats??" mean? Lol I'm talking about hand lotion or cream to help with my severely intensely itchy psoriasis or whatever it is. :) The colloidal oatmeal really helps with the severe itching.

Oatmeal never helped mine, but that doesn't mean it doesn't help you. I used generic Aveeno packets as a body scrub - I'd pour it on my hand and scrub all over. For years. Go figure. I've never heard of a certified gluten-free oat cosmetic product.

Anyway, to stop the itching the best thing for me was ice packs. I use Vanicream and it works miracles as far as staying on the skin and moisturizing, which leads to decreased itching. I'd also add a layer of Vaseline at the worst times to stop the sores from cracking. Coconut oil is probably a good alternative. I used jojoba oil for a long time; however, it seemed to burn the sores a bit at times. I had to repeat applications of whatever i used several times a day, especially when the blisters swelled and popped. Others have luck with topical numbing creams (never tried it but would if I had another flare). Lots of hints on the DH board.

Hmm those sound like good ideas! Thanks!! Right now I'm having severe itching in certain spots on my right hand. I've already torn the skin open (GRR) so now it's going to burn with whatever I put on it. Then it'll scab over, blah blah you know how that goes. So I think I might look into numbing creams. Do you have any specific recommendations for those? I'm not even sure I know where to look for such products. I know there is anbesol and orajel for the mouth but I'm not sure I've heard of actual creams for skin.

Look on the DH board. I think it's generic walgreen's brand - whatever it is.

I would use ice packs when it was at the worst. Helped reduce swelling and pain and itch. Vaseline would stick to the skin when it was cracking and weeping. I hated that stage. Hurt to move.