#1 UnhappyCoeliac

UnhappyCoeliac

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

I also cant cook.

I eat ALOT of regular baked beans AND ALOT of kettle chips. What else? EVERYTHING is cross contaminated...there should be a law that if you cant cross contaminate to save money! I like to have gluten free take away but am literally charged an arm and a leg.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 taddums

taddums

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I also cant cook.

I eat ALOT of regular baked beans AND ALOT of kettle chips. What else? EVERYTHING is cross contaminated...there should be a law that if you cant cross contaminate to save money! I like to have gluten free take away but am literally charged an arm and a leg.

There is heaps of everyday fresh food you can eat. Have you joined the coeliac society in your state. You get a discount card for coles. Also meetings, magazines and support and they offer supermarket tours and courses in label reading. There's plenty of food to eat. It just takes time an patience to find it. Buy a rice cooker for quick filling meal starter. Get a bread machine and fing a good bread mix. I buy in bulk from basic ingredients in brisbane. You can get reasonably priced gluten-free ready meals from Easy Meals via the web delivered. Just heat and serve with rice. Also why buy kettle chips. Smiths plain are also gluten-free and half the price. Buy prepared salad leaves, a tin of tuna(flavoured ok if you check label) add some tomato an maybe tinned beans, corn, beet root or other verges and you have healthy salad. It's easy. Low carb is the easiest way to eat gluten-free.

#3 Kamma

Kamma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

I also cant cook.

Well, you can roast a chicken breast or fish fillet in the oven.  Simple stuff and fairly cheap.

Potatoes you can slice up and boil or throw the entire potato in the oven to bake or put it in the microwave.

Rice is easy - 1 cup rice to two cups water bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer for either 15 minutes (white rice) or 45 minutes (brown rice).

You can do stir fries in a snap:  cut up whatever meat you want, throw it in the pot with olive oil, fry till cooked and then add in cut up vegetables.  Done in twenty minutes.  Add in ginger and garlic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: