30 replies to this topic

#1 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

I have a few updates on my cancer.  I'm having 2 wide excision done Friday on 2 dysplatic Nevis.  Then next Tuesday I have scans done, chest, gut and pelvis.  My chest scan in December showed a 4mm Spot in my lung.  This is one that scares me.  I've also been having neurological issues that seem to be getting worse.  My brain is selecting some kind of word for me in a sentence, that doesn't make sense.  Forgetting info five seconds after I've been told.  My beautiful handwriting is suffering.  I been mispelling simple words.  and I am having balance issues. I gonna ask for a head ct scan too.  My depression has been very heavy. My anxiety is as high as I've ever experienced and I am totally fatigued and couch bound.   The waiting for these procedures on Friday and then the scans on Tuesday is debilitating me and my appetite is especially very low.

Please keep me in your thought if you can. I truly appreciate it

Thank you

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

turkey-hiding.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Lot's of heartfelt prayers coming your way. (((((HUGS)))))

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi Colleen,

Oh, I hope you will feel better soon.  I have been wondering where you are.  The Lord hasn't left you and can carry.  When you feel the couch under you, you can feel you are being carried.  Hang on, or just be held on to.

***  Get well

Diana

#4 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Colleen, you are being carried lovingly in our thoughts wherever you go.  We are all pulling for you.  I know the waiting is excruciating ~~ try some celiac disease's with beautiful imagery and music to transport you away from troubling thoughts.  We are here for you whenever you need us.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#5 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Colleen, you are being carried lovingly in our thoughts wherever you go.  We are all pulling for you.  I know the waiting is excruciating ~~ try some celiac disease's with beautiful imagery and music to transport you away from troubling thoughts.  We are here for you whenever you need us.

You could try some compact discs or an Ipod, too!  (love the helpful nature of this site!)

Good luck with the procedures. Sending positive thoughts! 

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Colleen
Sending positive thoughts, hugs and prayers from across the pond.

Wishing you all the support you need

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Oh sweet girl, I have just arrived home from being on the road for 3 days and I knew your tests were fast approaching and you've been heavily on my mind. 

You have every right to be concerned, but being anxious will just drain you. Think only positive thoughts, girlfriend!!. 

You know you always have my loving thoughts and positive energy sent your way every morning. (I always send up thoughts for

all the celiac warriors I know and love  ;))

You know you can call me anytime, if you just want to vent.  

xx 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Thanks to all of you.

Have been listening to my relaxation music and chakra meditations.  It's soothing and the only thing keeping me sane.  Positive thoughts are difficult.  I'm having nightmares and such.  

I really appreciate you thoughts and prayers.  

Colleen 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

turkey-hiding.gif

#9 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

My love and healing thoughts are being sent your way, Colleen.  You will be in my thoughts tomorrow so please hang in there.....I'm rootin' for you!  Please keep us updated when you are able.  Best of luck tomorrow!

#10 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Oh Colleen - was wondering where you have been - I've had those same neuro symptoms and is beyond difficult to be possitive while they are happening - so for now we will carry your hope for you until you are ready to pick it back up.

I framed your beautiful Christmas card and will send loving healing thoughts each time I pass it.

:)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#11 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

I hope everything goes well for you Colleen.  Our church group said a prayer in the name of Jesus for you last night.  Hang in there and remember we are thinking of you.  :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#12 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

(((HUGS))) Best wishes to to.  I wish you only the very best.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

#13 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi Colleen-

Just in case you can read these, but not post right now -- I am still thinking powerful healing thoughts for you and will not stop.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#14 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Me too!! Me too!!! 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#15 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

And me x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: